Lliga | Round 24: Eibar - FC Barcelona 0-2

serghei

Can't believe some of the ppl here. What's the point of a big lead and expensive bench if we can't rest players for an important CL match. Atletico aint catching upto us. They'll drop points and also go hard for the Europa league too.

7 points is not that big of a lead with several derbies still left to be played. We just lost 4 points in a week vs Espanyol and Getafe. Can't afford to jeopardize the league for a game which you don't know how it will go.

Don’t agree at all with people saying the league should be priority. Considering how Real Madrid has absolutely dominated CL in recent years and made what we did in the same tournament the last 10 years look average, I just can’t accept it. This is the trophy people write and talk about, not La Liga. They can’t be allowed to win again. Not for many, many years. It’s already a big shit stain on our supposedly “golden era”.

They won 4 in recent history (last decade or so). So did we. Except we've won 7 league titles and they've won only 2. We dominated Europe and Spain consistently for years. They only did that last season. And this season they've dropped to 16 points behind us. Couldn't manage to keep the level for more than a season.

Last edited:

raki

I have no concern regarding la liga. All focus should be CL.

Atleti will be playing every thursday and sunday in the next 4-5 weeks. Very tough schedule.

serghei

I have no concern regarding la liga. All focus should be CL.

Atleti will be playing every thursday and sunday in the next 4-5 weeks. Very tough schedule.

Atletico need to score once every game and they'll win 90% of them. We can go with both La Liga and CL.

raki

Atletico need to score once every game and they'll win 90% of them. We can go with both La Liga and CL.

They will drop , at least, 10-15 points until May.

Away games in CL have been our doom so Chelsea is very important. A very physical team.

FC B

La liga is the absolute priority because we have a good advantage there and we're likely to win it this year.

CL is too unpredictable and there's no guarantee we'll win it even if we consider it our priority.

Do you prefer watching Real win the 3rd CL in a row and finish the season trophyless or watching Real win another CL and Barcelona win the league+CDR?

And if Real wins the CL this year they can't claim to be the best team in Europe if they finish 10 points behind us in the league.

Being the best of Europe requires more than CL, preferably the domestic league + CL, oftentimes the winner of CL isn't the best from the tournament.

Altomonte

Winner of CL is called European Champion and (more or less automatically) World Champion. Best player wins Ballon d'Or. That's just how it works.

Joan

We seem to have good realtions with them? I really admire Eibar.
If they had a better keeper, they'd fight for the CL spot. Wouldn't mind us loaning them Pena.

xXKonan

DWK-OmGW0AAZymO.jpg

Squad list.

BarçaBarça

Suarez could use some rest and Iniesta as well. Don might be on the bench, I'm more in doubt about Suarez - could Dembele start instead of him?
Valverde is a wise man, so I think that could actually happen. Lord Paulinho on in halftime, if we can't break them.

PhilS

I like the look of the squad list, the talent is definitely deeper than what was available earlier this season. Now is the time for some of the alternates to contribute, when the team really needs to make use of quality depth. Coutinho, Dembele, Paulinho, Semedo, rise and shine.

Home of Barca Fans