Lliga | Round 23: FC Barcelona - Getafe CF 0-0

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Yup. We played like this at the start of the season too. We just got some luck with own goals and fluke rebounds and won most of our games. Then we hit some great form in December to January and now we're back to the usual, it's just that we're not getting all the luck this time around.

So we are back to luck thing... Do you know how many times we have hit the woodwork this season? That number is like 25-27 right now, in many games we actually were unlucky not finish off the game early or win with bigger margin.

vlad

Sure, that too. Again goes to show Valverde is not as good as some think he is. Him taking Coutinho off was a clueless move to me, as Coutinho is one of few players we have that can break a bus.

Coutinho didnt look good at all, he lost to many balls and he was changed for a reason

He had more then 45 minutes to show how he can unlock the bus

Stoichkov1

Sure, that too. Again goes to show Valverde is not as good as some think he is. Him taking Coutinho off was a clueless move to me, as Coutinho is one of few players we have that can break a bus.

Well I don't think that there are many managers in the world who improve clearly the attack of their teams apart from Sarri and Pep.

Mourinho always relied on his players to score goals without teaching them anything, while he's brilliant at organizing defences, just like Valverde. Valverde has been brilliant in this aspect so far as our defensive record shows.

kilian

Our tempo of play is the problem. Slow passing and little off the ball movement is causing all those parked buses to succeed against us. Messi as our main attacking outlet is jogging 40 meters behind Alba and Suarez, who are running at full speed into counterattack. He needs to start running in those big games, otherwise we`ll be knocked out again.

With all that talent in the attack, you don`t create a single clear-cut chance against fucking Getafe. I`m not saying Getafe doesn`t defend well, they clearly do. But they ain`t no prime Atletico for that to be an excuse for lack of chances.

M

MessiCam

Our tempo of play is the problem. Slow passing and little off the ball movement is causing all those parked buses to succeed against us. Messi as our main attacking outlet is jogging 40 meters behind Alba and Suarez, who are running at full speed into counterattack. He needs to start running in those big games, otherwise we`ll be knocked out again.

With all that talent in the attack, you don`t create a single clear-cut chance against fucking Getafe. I`m not saying Getafe doesn`t defend well, they clearly do. But they ain`t no prime Atletico for that to be an excuse for lack of chances.
For the record. Messi has always formed part of the second wave of runs into the box. He’s always played in that manner.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot to say that I would have liked if we went Real Madrid on their asses in last 10 mins with Mina and Paulinho in the box.

Fuck. You can afford to drop points in fixtures like Valencia away. Not this one.

At least players got rested. That’s the most important part, really. Still shouldnt be dropping points in these fixtures, even if you use a second string lineup.

Last edited:

sickstar

Getafe is third best in defending ability (only conceded 21) so that probably has a say.

Plus lack in fitness from our side.

We'll be back next week.

kilian

For the record. Messi has always formed part of the second wave of runs into the box. He’s always played in that manner.

Yes, that`s correct. But if we`re breaking on the counter you can`t be 40 meters from the first wave. Against Madrid it payed off, but many times he just eliminates himself from the counter and then we slow down and boring circling around the box begins.

eaman

Ya poor performance but it was never going to be a brilliant one after less than 3 days rest after a tough away match. Remember there were a few poor performances after midweek games under pep also. At least it wasn't a loss. Another bad thing is now he probably can't rest Messi before the Chelsea game seen as we're playing a good eibar away

Altomonte

It was fully expected that our team was tired after a tough match away late on Thursday evening. A useful reminder that our key players (in particular Messi) need rest before the Chelsea match. Look at how a fully rested Real Madrid attacked Real Sociedad.
Difficult decision how to approach the Eibar match!

FCBfan22

This. The first half in particular. We usually tire out our opponents and make them work hard. Today, Getafe didn't have to do fuck all until 2nd half.

Home of Barca Fans