Lliga | Round 23: FC Barcelona - Getafe CF 0-0

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Props to Getafe but we really didn't create enough nor did we put enough effort. We need to forget this soon as possible and it's on Valverde to draw conclusions. Hope he realizes he overplayed some players and that he will need to ration them more for remaining key matches this season.

Positives:

Digne playing CB
Mina making a proper debut and looking very talented
Clean sheet
Demebele back

Team has a full week of rest now and I hope they manage to recharge their batteries.

Giginho75

No problem for the result, but bad performance...

many players not in good shape in the last weeks...
probably (I think/hope) because all the top teams are making hard training for UCL...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Players thought strolling along was enough. Getafe was the only team prepared to fight for points today.

Yes, in a nutshell complacency cost us points today. We just don't seem to be able to learn from our past mistakes which to me is the most frustrating part.

serghei

Yes, in a nutshell complacency cost us points today. We just don't seem to be able to learn from our past mistakes which to me is the most frustrating part.

Complacency and tiredness. We have a week of rest now, hopefully our fitness level picks up, because if Atletico wins on Camp Nou it's a 4 point lead and it means jack shit given there is one third of a league still left to be played.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yup. We played like this at the start of the season too. We just got some luck with own goals and fluke rebounds and won most of our games. Then we hit some great form in December to January and now we're back to the usual, it's just that we're not getting all the luck this time around.

Exactly, even with the so-called "thrashing" of Real Madrid I didn't feel we played that great (we were lucky not to concede in the first half) and we have been a second-half team for a long time. I felt people gave Valverde too much credit so far this season and it had more to do with how bad Real Madrid has been and less to do with how brilliant his tactics and coaching have been.

Giginho75

it's possible that the team is sure to win la liga...
sometime it's good "coming back on the earth"...

It's possible the team begins to think and work for Chelsea.

Gnidrologist

People seem to have forgotten we played quite crap the whole fall season and most wanted bartomeu sacked and Suarez sold XD
This. We have been grinding ugly wins and draws all season long. This is not champaign football for sure, this is Valverde's Barca. And tiredness definitely showed.

Stoichkov1

The problem is not complacency or tiredness...

The problem is tactical, we're not good enough in the final third and the off the ball movement of some players is questionable. We struggle to score against parked buses, if we concede against Chelsea it's over for us.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The problem is not complacency or tiredness...

The problem is tactical, we're not good enough in the final third and the off the ball movement of some players is questionable. We struggle to score against parked buses, if we concede against Chelsea it's over for us.

Sure, that too. Again goes to show Valverde is not as good as some think he is. Him taking Coutinho off was a clueless move to me, as Coutinho is one of few players we have that can break a bus.

Home of Barca Fans