Lliga | Round 22: Espanyol de Cornella - FC Barcelona 1-1

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Gomes still out. Damn. Was hoping he gets fit to give some rest to Rakitic/Busquets.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, no way we start Semedo and Mina. They play next to each other and we can't have a player low on confidence and one yet to make a debut together.

PhilS

Ter stegen
S. Roberto Mina Umtitti Alba
Busquets
Rak Paulinho Iniesta
Suarez Coutinho

See how this goes, Messi in as necessary.

draconifire

Expecting Somedo to start in the defense.
Midfield should be rested, with Coutinho and Paulinho as the starters.
Attack Both Messi and Suarez should be rested.

Somedo--Pique--Umtiti--Digne

Vidal--Roberto--Paulinho--Coutinho

--------Paco--------Denis-------

Kinda comical line-up but lets see what these guys can do without the starting 11.
Fully expecting our main starters to strt. :(

MessiTHEgoat

Ev said he'll play the best possible line up.

he doesn't relate, so don't expect him to rest our key players (iniesta is an exception tho).

I can see him resting our key players right before chelsea (Eibar away). there'll be about 11 days between it and getafe Home. it's enough for the players to be completely fit

FinBarcelonafan

Ev said he'll play the best possible line up.

he doesn't relate, so don't expect him to rest our key players (iniesta is an exception tho).

I can see him resting our key players right before chelsea (Eibar away). there'll be about 11 days between it and getafe Home. it's enough for the players to be completely fit

Good plan. I like it!

Eibar trashed Sevilla today 5-1. Insane.

M

MessiCam

Full strength team as far as I’m concerned. Madrid dropped 2 more points and Atleti are up against Valencia so someone will drop points or both in case of a draw. A Valencia win would be fantastic in the grand scheme of things though.

Rotations can begin in earnest after the Copa second leg but a win in this game basically seals La Liga if Atleti don’t win.

kilian

No need to rest anyone today, except Iniesta. Getafe at home and Eibar away will be the games Valverde will probably rest our most important players. That`s more than enough time to recuperate and be at 100 % for Chelsea.

FCBfan22

No need to rest anyone today, except Iniesta. Getafe at home and Eibar away will be the games Valverde will probably rest our most important players. That`s more than enough time to recuperate and be at 100 % for Chelsea.

Exactly. I'd go with:

--------------Ter Stegen---------------
Semedo-----Pique-----Umtiti-----Alba
Roberto--Rakitić--Busquets--Coutinho
--------Messi------------Suarez--------

And perfectly, Suarez intentionally gets a yellow today, so he gets his cards cleared against Getafe. So, we rest Suarez against Getafe and Messi against Eibar. We also rest one pair of Rakitić and Alba / Roberto and Busquets in each of those games. That would be perfect.

Mina and Dembele should get some minutes against Getafe.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

La Liga has been sealed since Christmas. Full strength is not needed and would just tire the players out even more.

I don’t consider an 11 point lead sealed when there are 5 dangerous fixtures still coming. Madrid, Valencia, Atleti, Villareal and Sevilla.

Winning today and one of Atleti and Valencia, preferably Atleti, dropping points eases my concerns somewhat.

M

MessiCam

Exactly. I'd go with:

Roberto--Rakitić--Busquets--Coutinho
--------Messi------------Suarez--------

And perfectly, Suarez intentionally gets a yellow today, so he gets his cards cleared against Getafe. So, we rest Suarez against Getafe and Messi against Eibar. We also rest one pair of Rakitić and Alba / Roberto and Busquets in each of those games. That would be perfect.

Mina and Dembele should get some minutes against Getafe.
We will play 4-3-3. Vidal or Paco will start with Messi and Suarez. Coutinho will come in for Iniesta.

FCBfan22

Ok I posted defensive lineup. Here is it offensively:

--Rakitić-----Busquets-----Coutinho--
--Roberto---Messi-------Suarez-------

Happy? Able to sleep now?

Home of Barca Fans