Marcus Mcguane

Trickykid

England+U19+v+Germany+U19+International+Match+pnZG-a_fHpjl.jpg

Name: Marcus McGuane
Position: DM/M

New signing from Arsenal's youth section.

Copied from Arsenal's homepage:

Accomplished midfielder Marcus made his way into the under-23 side last season, playing nine times at that level.

A tidy and intelligent central midfielder but also a tough tackler, Marcus thrives on finding space and picking out his team-mates, linking the defence and the attack.

Having previously represented the Republic of Ireland at under-17 level, Marcus (formerly known as Marcus Agyei-Tabi) has since gone on to play for England’s under-18 team.

xXKonan

I'm curious to see if he's the first English player we signed for the B team.

He was wanted by quite a bit of other English teams as well but he decided to sign with us instead.

Joan

I'm curious to see if he's the first English player we signed for the B team.

He was wanted by quite a bit of other English teams as well but he decided to sign with us instead.

xXKonan, have you ever watched him?

xXKonan

xXKonan, have you ever watched him?
Nah never did watch him but I'm going off from what Arsenal/other fans have watched of him. There were rumors City,United etc were interested in him as he had no plans on renewing with Arsenal.

They say he can also Play CB as well as being a DM.

JamDav1982

Like this type of signing - low risk punt on a player.

Barca B should be buying these types, some experienced players and some La Masia....who want to be at the club and fight for it.

No doubt there will be melt downs from some trying to appear as the most Barca of Barca fans about La Masia but in reality there has been a lot of young players given a minutes this season. Probably more than years at this level.

xXKonan

Fair credit for him for moving abroad, since you rarely see English talents move away at such a young age.

Even if he doesn't make it here he will learn quite a bit playing with the B team which should help him in the follow years.

messi1995

Surely a talent but we have Jandro Orellana in Juvenil A in the same postion, but yes let us buy this guy instead of focusing on our youngsters. Can't wait to this shit board gone. Is it so hard to buy some experienced players mixed with la masia players? Experienced players in segunda mixed with la masia? 60% la masia - 40% experienced players? Bartomeu, Segura and Segura can fuck off.

Joan

Surely a talent but we have Jandro Orellana in Juvenil A in the same postion, but yes let us buy this guy instead of focusing on our youngsters. Can't wait to this shit board gone. Is it so hard to buy some experienced players mixed with la masia players? Experienced players in segunda mixed with la masia? 60% la masia - 40% experienced players? Bartomeu, Segura and Segura can fuck off.

So you are complaining because we signed a higly rated youngster?

That strategy was used when we refused to sign Asensio because we had "our own" Deulofeu, Tello and Traore. We decided to focus on our youngsters. Took a wrong road, didn't we?

messi1995

There is a difference between signing someone for the first team and the B team. We have talents for DM now like Oriol busi, Jandro Orellana and Alex Rico. The reason why I respect the signing of Jorge Cuenca is because we don't have many special CB's in la masia + he has the DNA. Why I don't respect this signing or many other signings like that villareal winger is because Sergio Gomez won't play that much. And why didn't we let Carlez Perez play in many games? Because this board like banf average farmers instead of him. Not gonna say he will be a first team material, but he deserved to play and he has proven that.

When we have a very talentet player in la masia in the same postion which is good enough to play, the there is no point in signing randon farmers. We don't have any special CB's and thats why I respect and like the signing of Jorge Cuenca. Also he is a very good ball playinf CB, only 18 and I like him. Good signing. But please don't protect this board. It's obvious that it's not only me that complaining, but also ex president Laporta, journalist's like Roge, Capdevila, Gerard Romero and many others. Also a former president canditate like Benedito. This board has done well in the first team by hiring Valverde. Pissing me off becausr they also signed Paulinho but but atleast some credits. Remember they also could have bought Dembele from Rennes only for 15M, but Bartomeu said no. He didn't take any chance by signing Dembele and loaning him out and now bought him for 105M loool. I respect the signing of Coutinho because there was no way we could have bought him for less and Barca is also known for breaking transfer records so good signing. Atleast I give some credit, but I give zero for what they are doing in la masia. I miss Laporta so fucking much because of that.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

There is a difference between signing someone for the first team and the B team. We have talents for DM now like Oriol busi, Jandro Orellana and Alex Rico. The reason why I respect the signing of Jorge Cuenca is because we don't have many special CB's in la masia + he has the DNA. Why I don't respect this signing or many other signings like that villareal winger is because Sergio Gomez won't play that much. And why didn't we let Carlez Perez play in many games? Because this board like banf average farmers instead of him. Not gonna say he will be a first team material, but he deserved to play and he has proven that.

When we have a very talentet player in la masia in the same postion which is good enough to play, the there is no point in signing randon farmers. We don't have any special CB's and thats why I respect and like the signing of Jorge Cuenca. Also he is a very good ball playinf CB, only 18 and I like him. Good signing. But please don't protect this board. It's obvious that it's not only me that complaining, but also ex president Laporta, journalist's like Roge, Capdevila, Gerard Romero and many others. Also a former president canditate like Benedito. This board has done well in the first team by hiring Valverde. Pissing me off becausr they also signed Paulinho but but atleast some credits. Remember they also could have bought Dembele from Rennes only for 15M, but Bartomeu said no. He didn't take any chance by signing Dembeme and loaning him out and now bought him for 105M loool. I respect the signing of Coutinho because there was no way we could have bought him for less and Barca is also known for breaking transfer records so good signing. Atleast I give some credit, but I give zero for what they are doing in la masia. I miss Laporta so fucking much because of that.

Dembele said no not Bartomeu.

This signing doesnt have to mean likes of Orellana miss out either.

Laporta never brought through as many La Masia players as people like to make out. In fact some like Xavi were on the verge of leaving before Pep came in as did not feel central to the team and Iniesta has spoken about his frustrations back then.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not sure I like this transfer, or I don't have an opinion about it as I don't know what kind of player he is and if he's any good.

xXKonan

Seem a trend actually for his generation
I don't blame them tbh. I think it all comes down to that some English talents like Mcguane feel as they won't develop as much as they could in England and feel like going abroad will help them develop more than they would back at home.

His former teammate Chris Willock decided to join Benfica's B team and all accounts is doing well over there. He probably seen Willock doing well and thought it wouldn't hurt to try going abroad for awhile and develop and possibly even get a chance with the first team.

Home of Barca Fans