Copa | Semifinal: Valencia CF - FC Barcelona 0-3 agg.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Received an e-mail from the club today saying "One step away from the Final! We need your support at Camp Nou", goes to show how desperate we want our fans to show up at our home games this season.

This is getting ridiculous and pathetic. Local fans should be ashamed.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Received an e-mail from the club today saying "One step away from the Final! We need your support at Camp Nou", goes to show how desperate we want our fans to show up at our home games this season.

This is getting ridiculous and pathetic. Local fans should be ashamed.

That's fairly standard when a club reaches this stage of a competition.

But I agree with you. The club should take a stand like they do in Germany. Meet up for a certain % of games or lose your season ticket. The waiting list for one in Barcelona is very long, and here we have old farts and unmotivated young guys rather watch the games from a bar or at home when they're a 10 min metro ride from the stadium.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That said, scheduling the games this late doesn't really help either. People have to go to work the morning after.

Or go on the hunt to find one.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's fairly standard when a club reaches this stage of a competition.

But I agree with you. The club should take a stand like they do in Germany. Meet up for a certain % of games or lose your season ticket. The waiting list for one in Barcelona is very long, and here we have old farts and unmotivated young guys rather watch the games from a bar or at home when they're a 10 min metro ride from the stadium.

Agreed, if you don't show up consistently for XX times you lose your season tickets.

I just don't get it, I know Camp Nou is huge but why is it such a problem that we have low attendance from local fans (since tourists made up a decent portion of the overall attendance) consistently? And they are so damn quiet. Do they not care?

I have not seen any concrete evidence that we charge more money for tickets compared to Real Madrid and EPL clubs.

That said, scheduling the games this late doesn't really help either. People have to go to work the morning after.

Wonder why the kick-off times are so much later in Spain compared to other leagues, especially England. I don't know who thought scheduling matches at 9-10pm on Sunday and mid-week would be a good idea. Might work in the CL due to it's popularity and enormity, but for random games without any rivalry or storyline it doesn't make much sense.

vlad

That atmosphere on camp nou is pathetic its nothing new, even on bernabeu fans are louder.

You can hear fans on el classico and CL k.o. matches, thats it.

Maybe solution is barca needs to be on atletico, betis or sevilla level, they would get rid of boring tourists and have great atmosphere every home match

vlad

Im sure, mestalla will be full and roaring during the week

PhilS

I think the main reason for the late Barca game times is for TV. Europe likes to watch Barca late.

The team is begging for spectators now, but the team and league are to blame for a lot of the attendance decline. This team/league do not cater to the in-person fans well enough. In my country, no big-time team would pull anti-fan stuff like the poor video at Camp Nou, changing game days and game times way too close to game day, playing a game with the fans chained out.

draconifire

Should be an all out game, with end to end stuff.
Hoping for us to bury the tie here itself, so we can take it easy in the next game.

xXKonan

DU5DrccW0AE3IUG.jpg

No Semedo.

Home of Barca Fans