Copa | Semifinal: Valencia CF - FC Barcelona 0-3 agg.

Horatio

You're welcome
They created a lot more chances than us until we scored the first goal and forced them to open up. Even then they were still generating chances fairly regularly.

They should've probably had 2 goals in the first half the way they played. Poor finishing and timely tackles/saves let them down.

How many chances did they create? Only remember them catching us twice on the break(you can bring up stats, I am quite curious). They still failed.
They looked even more vulnerable second half when they actually tried to play football.
Thought we dominated them pretty much the whole game. They were desperate to foul us otherwise couldn't stop us.
Not bad for an away game against Valencia.

Horatio

You're welcome
They hit the crossbar once, got unlucky with the ball clipping Roberto's heel on the break and Kondogbia was in a great position in the box and made the wrong decision. Could easily have scored 2 there on another night.

Disagree with the first one. Cillessen would've stopped it had the ball gone lower.

Joan

Not that simple. They had their chances but mostly on the breaks or due to bad calls.

Also, in the 1st half, Suarez could've scored 2. Messi with a beautiful freekick.

It's clear we were the better team.

FinBarcelonafan

Not that simple. They had their chances but mostly on the breaks or due to bad calls.

Also, in the 1st half, Suarez could've scored 2. Messi with a beautiful freekick.

It's clear we were the better team.

Yep, they had two handballs in same play and no penalty. Zaza taking the ball with hand and no card(which would have been red). I think after 0-1 we started relaxing too much as well. I think it would have been completely different game without that Coutinho goal. It was massive goal.

Horatio

You're welcome
We could've scored five only because Valencia had to open up after conceding first. If they had scored before us the game would've taken completely different complexion.

Just like to note that they opened up not because of the Coutinho goal, but because time was running out for them. You could see they went on the offense right from the start of 2nd half.

ForBarca

Hello everyone! I would like to know if anyone loves valverde's 442, like me! for me it is almost perfect in all phases. I found an interesting video that explains his tactics on this last beautigul match. I'd like to discuss about it with you https://youtu.be/fga46s3Tq0Y

FC B

Glad Barca made it to the final.
Didn't understand why Iniesta was played for more than a hour and why Gomes still get minutes.

Zincubus

Banned
So why did we risk our elite players against such a physical team in a nothing competition given the importance of the upcoming games ?,!?

We could have given the fringe players some valuable time .

Kerrybai

So why did we risk our elite players against such a physical team in a nothing competition given the importance of the upcoming games ?,!?

We could have given the fringe players some valuable time .

Because no mater how many times it is repeated it will never be considered a nothing competition. Its still a huge prize.

Home of Barca Fans