Copa | Semifinal: Valencia CF - FC Barcelona 0-3 agg.

xXKonan

DU-QrQxXcAAEAUr.jpg

serghei

Seems like Valverde wants to murder Iniesta before the Chelsea tie. And what the hell is Vidal doing there?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Rakitić and particularly Iniesta should have been rested.

I do like Aleix starting.

xXKonan

Iniesta was dead tired towards the end of the Alaves match.

Thought he would get a break here but I guess not.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Good thing we signed Coutinho - a player that cannot play the CL, only for us to start Gomes against Chelsea because Iniesta will be too tired or get injured :thinking:

Messi983

Seems like Valverde wants to murder Iniesta before the Chelsea tie. And what the hell is Vidal doing there?

Why not, he was good against Espanyol. We'll probably play 4-3-3 again.

Good thing we signed Coutinho - a player that cannot play the CL, only for us to start Gomes against Chelsea because Iniesta will be too tired or get injured :thinking:

Good plan. :rockon:

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly. What the hell? Isn't this why we bought Coutinho, so we don't have to play him in every game? Or is this training game for Chelsea?!

I guess this is the roster we are going to play vs Chelski.

Devils

I agree with most of that line-up.

This isn't a match for rotations and if we can win this match by a 2 or 3 goal difference we should be comfortable in the second leg.

Don't agree with Vidal though, it's a bit concerning how EV has taken such a liking to him recently.

xXKonan

Valverde can live without Iniesta for like one game.

I mean seriously did he forget he's 33 years old and we need him for the CL as well?

Messi983

I understand concerns about Iniesta but think it's actually better to start him today and then let him on the bench against Espanyol's butchers on Sunday if that's Valverde's plan.

vlad

I also think this match is not for many rotations, semifinal vs strong opponent, first match at home and you dont want to go to mestalla with bad result.

Well he could put coutinho instead of iniesta really, coutinho will not play in CL, iniesta will

vlad

I agree with most of that line-up.

This isn't a match for rotations and if we can win this match by a 2 or 3 goal difference we should be comfortable in the second leg.

Don't agree with Vidal though, it's a bit concerning how EV has taken such a liking to him recently.

Vidal had a good match last time, so probably that is the reason, cant blame him

Neymessi

Lineups like the is what makes me sometimes feel he doesn't know what he is doing and we are winning because of some other reason. Coutinho can't play in the CL. I don't get a single reason why he shouldn't start the copa matches and let other key CL players to rest like iniesta.

serghei

Lineups like the is what makes me sometimes feel he doesn't know what he is doing and we are winning because of some other reason. Coutinho can't play in the CL. I don't get a single reason why he shouldn't start the copa matches and let other key CL players to rest like iniesta.

Only good reason is that he doesn't want to upset Iniesta by letting him on the bench in an important game. Coutinho wouldn't cause any trouble considering he just signed for us and doesn't have so much power in the team.

Devils

Only good reason is that he doesn't want to upset Iniesta by letting him on the bench in an important game. Coutinho wouldn't cause any trouble considering he just signed for us and doesn't have so much power in the team.

Looks like Valverde is just going with the strongest line-up available to him in what is a challenging semi final match.

I understand people want Coutinho to start but it was pretty clear this weekend that Coutinho still needs to integrate more and adjust to our style and system.

The safest bets in midfield you can make right now are with Iniesta, Raki and Busi.

Home of Barca Fans