Copa | Semifinal: Valencia CF - FC Barcelona 0-3 agg.

PhilS

With no Semedo in the squad, I'm not sure who backs up S. Roberto. Hope it's not Vidal, I've seen enough of him at RB.

FinBarcelonafan

With no Semedo in the squad, I'm not sure who backs up S. Roberto. Hope it's not Vidal, I've seen enough of him at RB.

I guess Valverde is trying to finish Valencia in game 1 with Sergi Roberto, who is obviously better going forward than Semedo.

raskolnikov

If I lived in Barcelona and had the money I would go as often as I could. I lived there during the 2010/11 season and went like 8 times despite being poor. I get it if you need to work early, have no money or ticketprices are too high. But still we should be able to get high attendance from locals and a better atmosphere. Sometimes it feels like you are in a movie theater.

Messi983

I think the only question for Valverde is whether to start Iniesta or Paulinho. Busi, Raki and Cou will all start imo and the rest of the team is pretty obvious (now that I've said this I can totally see EV surprise everyone and start Denis, Vidal or even Mina :lol:). I would like to see Coutinho as LM so I'd go with Paulinho this time. Also considering the fact that Iniesta has played full 90 minutes on Sunday.

Jasper
Roberto-Pique-Umtiti-Alba
Paulinho-Busi-Raki-Coutinho
Messi-Suarez

Try to repeat the Celta game and score a goal in the first 10-15 minutes then it will be easier. It's true Valencia is better defensively than Celta but they are missing key players in defense and midfield so we should try to take advantage of that. It's also important not to concede though unless we score 4 or 5. Personally I would be happy with 2-0 but hope we can score more so we can give some rest to Messi/Suarez, Rakitić and Pique/Umtiti with Mina getting his first minutes. Pique has played non-stop for the last almost 2 months and I also wouldn't like to push Umtiti too much so soon after injury but with Mina still adapting and Vermaelen out we don't really have many options.

RMU ReBorn

Wonder why the kick-off times are so much later in Spain compared to other leagues, especially England. I don't know who thought scheduling matches at 9-10pm on Sunday and mid-week would be a good idea. Might work in the CL due to it's popularity and enormity, but for random games without any rivalry or storyline it doesn't make much sense.

And the kick off time is 2 Am in India. Schedule was much better for us before :x

RMU ReBorn

Just avoid spoilers and watch the match the next day or when you have the time. That's what I do when matches are at inconvenient start times or I'm busy.
Nop ,i stay late . Haven't missed any matches for the past 4 seasons. Before that it was difficult for me to catch up with my graduation . Now i can stay late . I am used to it ,because of the late night kickoffs be it La liga , Cl , Copa or Fifa events.

PhilS

I hear from a Columbian that Mina has done fine work for their national team. Wonder when we will see him in action?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's not gonna play in semi-final, best not to hope.

Maybe and a big maybe a cameo if we are few up.

MessiTHEgoat

jfc I hope this is not true:

DU-NZDAW0AAtXqD.jpg

Home of Barca Fans