Copa | Semifinal: Valencia CF - FC Barcelona 0-3 agg.

FCBfan22

Pique apparently wants to play through pain, but I wouldn't risk him, because we have even bigger problems at CB against Getafe. If he worsens his injury and can't play against Getafe, we will be forced to play Mina + Costas/Busi/Digne, because Vermaelen will probably not be ready until sunday.

So this is my "protect Mina" lineup:

------------------Cillesen-------------------
Semedo-------Mina-----Umtiti--------Alba
Roberto---Rakitić----Busquets---Coutinho
-----------Messi--------Suarez-------------

vlad

I don't understand why Vidal would start any more games, except for the Catalunya Cup, or Liga after Barca clinches. Same for Gomes and Alcacer. Play the talent in the offensive positions, all the time. Dembele is just about ready to return, there is enough depth of true attacking talent to avoid having to resort to the lessor players.

After Barca scores, give Suarez a rest. Adding one more defender should cut the risk of conceding 3 down to zero.

Dont see nothing wrong in gomes, vidal and alcacer as a subs, sometimes starters in a easier match, they already proved they can be useful

M

MessiCam

Pique apparently wants to play through pain, but I wouldn't risk him, because we have even bigger problems at CB against Getafe. If he worsens his injury and can't play against Getafe, we will be forced to play Mina + Costas/Busi/Digne, because Vermaelen will probably not be ready until sunday.

So this is my "protect Mina" lineup:

------------------Cillesen-------------------
Semedo-------Mina-----Umtiti--------Alba
Roberto---Rakitić----Busquets---Coutinho
-----------Messi--------Suarez-------------

Semedo and Mina? Ooh...

Roberto-------Mina-----Umtiti--------Alba
-------Rakitic---Busquets---Iniesta-------
Coutinho----------Messi-----------Suárez

Iniesta definitely plays this one and then goes on rotation for the next few games. Also, if Digne can play with the broken finger I'd imagine he start as a CB ahead of Mina.

5ergio_Busquets

I think a 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1 would be a good option for this game.

Cillesen
Semedo Umtiti Digne
Roberto Rakitic Busquets Alba
Messi Coutinho
Suarez

Messi983

Has EV ever played with 3 at the back?

And you also can't play with 3 at the back when two of those players are fullbacks who have no or very limited experience playing as CBs.

Just play Mina and whatever happens happens. I believe in him and hope EV thinks the same.

khaled_a_d

Has EV ever played with 3 at the back?

And you also can't play with 3 at the back when two of those players are fullbacks who have no or very limited experience playing as CBs.

Just play Mina and whatever happens happens. I believe in him and hope EV thinks the same.

In times when Semedo played early in the season we actually looked playing 352 with Semedo as 3rd defender and Alba/Deulofeu as WB, but that was much earlier in the season.
I prefer starting Mina, but if EV is so desperate not to use him I think the above line up could be the best possible.

Messi983

So, our easiest fixture in the future according to recent form of the teams is... Chelsea?

It seems so though Valencia has been in pretty poor form too lately but that doesn't mean our game at Mestalla will be easier because of that. It's a different competition and they'll probably "reset" their minds before the game.

I expect Marcelino will play more open game than at Camp Nou so we'll need to be careful in defense when they'll attack but still don't think he'll go all out for a goal from the start because he knows they are most likely done if they concede. I won't be surprised if his plan will be to keep 0-0 until half time or even 60-70th minute and then try to score at the end of the game to possibly get extra time.

Still, this Valencia defense looks vulnerable and I think we'll create our chances so it's up to us to use them. Would be great if we'd score early to silence their fans and destroy their confidence.

Home of Barca Fans