Lliga | Round 21: FC Barcelona - Alaves 2-1

RMU ReBorn

Umtiti took immunity from Mascherano at making fouls and handballs in penalty area without ref giving penalty to opposing team. Just remember Mascherano foul on Vasquez in 2 minute of Clasico 2016-17 on CN and vs PSG foul Masche on Di Maria. Umtiti fouled vs Valencia last season and also should have been penalty. I would call Umtiti Immunity Man from now.

Poor performance like in most matches of the season, a lot of sloppy passes but a lot of luck. This season we play poorly, I don't buy the love of Cules to Valverde, but we will win La Liga for sure and Copa del Rey so it will be positive season if RM doesn't win Champions League. We won't win CL for sure.

:lol: :lol: what shit did i just read . Valverede don't have Xavi and peak iniesta in midfield nor do he have puyol to showcase outstanding football week in and out . With the resources he jas been given ,guy has been doing a tremendous job

jamrock

It was a new system with a new player so it was never going to go smoothly, we lucked out today, but this is the right setup we just need dembele and busquets back in and for out defenders to not be 70 yards from our goal, that shit was funny seeing them that high on the goal we conceded.

M

MessiCam

It was a new system with a new player so it was never going to go smoothly, we lucked out today, but this is the right setup we just need dembele and busquets back in and for out defenders to not be 70 yards from our goal, that shit was funny seeing them that high on the goal we conceded.

There is no problem with playing high in the opposition half, the problem is a lack of counter pressing. Anyway, those counters would have caught many attacking teams out, counter pressing or not. They were that quick.

Messi983

Lineup is too strong. Suarez should have been rested and Iniesta too probably.

You still think the same?

No Gomes no problem!

Wrong. With Gomes in instead of Paulinho we'd look much better.

Ref :worthy::worthy:

the very first goal was Pique's hand, the second was offside and he stole them a penalty :worthy:

Even Marca's referee expert is saying that Pique's hand was involuntary so goal was legal and that there was no penalty for Umtiti's handball. Not to say that we should get a penalty as well and Wakaso should get a red card.

henias

Wrong. With Gomes in instead of Paulinho we'd look much better.

Lol you are taking the piss, when we were clearly missing Busquets, only guy u think of is Gomes. U might as well replace Busquets with Gomes or Iniesta with Gomes they are inferior compared to Lord Gomes.

Messi983

Lol you are taking the piss, when we were clearly missing Busquets, only guy u think of is Gomes. U might as well replace Busquets with Gomes or Iniesta with Gomes they are inferior compared to Lord Gomes.

Of course we missed Busi but if EV wanted to rest him (which I think was the right decision) then I think Gomes instead of Paulinho would bring us more stability.

Gomes-Raki-Coutinho-Iniesta with the later two possibly changing their positions.

henias

Of course we missed Busi but if EV wanted to rest him (which I think was the right decision) then I think Gomes instead of Paulinho would bring us more stability.

Gomes-Raki-Coutinho-Iniesta with the later two possibly changing their positions.

The idea that Gomes brings stabilility is a fallacy, Gomes hasnt been more defensive than Paulinho, in fact has been more atrocious plus he was dispossessed the most in almost every game. He only has decent passing.

Gomes-Raki-Coutinho-Iniesta would another suicide midfield. Gomes cant play RCM nor RDM, only decent position he can play is a LM or LCM, but still was painfully mediocre in those positions

Then again Paulinho played terrible because he was given the RDM role not the RCM and Gomes will be equally terrible as well if he was played.

Gomes havent exactly shown any decent performance except for few mediocre performances as a LM.

khaled_a_d

The idea that Gomes brings stabilility is a fallacy, Gomes hasnt been more defensive than Paulinho, in fact has been more atrocious plus he was dispossessed the most in almost every game. He only has decent passing.

Gomes-Raki-Coutinho-Iniesta would another suicide midfield. Gomes cant play RCM nor RDM, only decent position he can play is a LM or LCM, but still was painfully mediocre in those positions

Gomes played very well last season as DM, probably was his best position.
He doesn't bring only decent passing, he brings more tactical awareness and discipline in midfield, along understanding of his position.
Paulinho doesn't even play like a midfielder, he is an attacker who defend. with Iniesta-Messi-Suarez-Coutinho this is suicidal

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You still think the same?

Problem was the lax attitude, not personnel. Alaves, while solid under Abelardo (as with Pelegrino), played extra time midweek in Copa and with Barca pressing more we would have cracked them open and had we not been complacent and soft (4 fouls entire match), I doubt Alaves would have had those chances.

Besides, Suarez, for example, had a poor overall match and who's to say Paco wouldn't have buried some of those chances.

I also maintain that Iniesta and Coutinho shouldn't have played together.

henias

Gomes played very well last season as DM, probably was his best position.
He doesn't bring only decent passing, he brings more tactical awareness and discipline in midfield, along understanding of his position.
Paulinho doesn't even play like a midfielder, he is an attacker who defend. with Iniesta-Messi-Suarez-Coutinho this is suicidal

I'm sorry Gomes was nowhere near the DM in the 433 setup.

Home of Barca Fans