Lliga | Round 21: FC Barcelona - Alaves 2-1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Feel sorry for nobody.

Not like anyone would feel sorry for us. Alaves had their chances, but didn't take them.

BruceWayne11

Good to get the win in the end, but evidently risky to mess too much with your defense/midfield. You could see a massive difference with Alba and Sergi Roberto on the field. Especially Alba has been incredibly good/important this season. Both offensively and defensively.

BarcaGirl

Game like this was bound to happen. Luckily we pulled ourselves out from loosing. Unfair? Yes, but so were denied goals we had this and in the last season that probably costed us a title.

I know and I'm happy that we managed to win this, but it still leaves a bitter taste.

booge

You cannot underestimate the importance of this victory. This was like a 6 pointer game being at home and with the away games /heavy schedule coming up.

serghei

Alaves had some of the morst cringe worthy attempts at time wasting since min. 30 or so. Like, children stuff. Serves them right, and I think Messi was trolling them at the end walking in slow motion for a corner.

MagIX

we played on Thursday a difficult match, we had bad night....it can happen ! not so tragic !
We won with luck and sometime we didn't win because we were unlucky, can happen.
You cannot always dominate every single match.
We've played badly but we've won equally. Winning the kinds of matches make you win la liga.

Devils

Great stuff.

Very tough and frustrating matches like these are bound to happen once in awhile. Glad we got the 3 points.

DonAK

I know and I'm happy that we managed to win this, but it still leaves a bitter taste.

How so? It wasn't even a penalty. Umtiti was 4m away and the player blasts the ball into his arm. Nothing he can do about that.

FinBarcelonafan

Noticed the players getting visibly frustrated with Digne and semedo in the first half. Those two just don't know how to make forward runs.

Digne tries, but Semedo is just scared to make a mistake I think. He will improve.. Semedo is just not used to Barca type of play yet. He has skills, but he is just used to sit back and defend.

BarcaGirl

How so? It wasn't even a penalty. Umtiti was 4m away and the player blasts the ball into his arm. Nothing he can do about that.

Looked like a pen too me, and the FK which Leo scored shouldn't have been given in the 1st place, but oh well ...game is over, let's just move on :)

DonAK

Looked like a pen too me, and the FK which Leo scored shouldn't have been given in the 1st place, but oh well ...game is over, let's just move on :)

Too close to the player to call. Involuntary and not time to move your arm away.

serghei

That's half the story. The other half is Wakaso should have been sent off very early in the game for a nasty foul on Coutinho while on a yellow. We also had a possible PK ourselves for a push on Suarez. Suarez himself should've seen red late in the game.

There were 4-5 big decisions that the ref didn't take right, because he is a poor one. Nobody knows if Alaves even make it until half time with 10 men, instead of 11.

Home of Barca Fans