How confident are you of beating Chelsea next month?

On a scale of 1-10 how confident are you of beating Chelsea?

Votes: 1 1.5%

Votes: 1 1.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 8.8%

Votes: 8 11.8%

Votes: 17 25.0%

Votes: 15 22.1%

Votes: 7 10.3%

Votes: 13 19.1%

• Total voters

Altomonte

We're a giant team compared to Chelsea when you look at the experince our players have in these great games. Pique, Iniesta, Messi alone have the amount of titles that Chelsea as a club will win in 100 years. We are undoubtedly the strongest team in this match. But then I think of the latest of years' draws. Juventus, Atletico, PSG (though we hit jackpot), Chelsea and Inter. These defeats haunt me to this very day because we were clearly favorites in these draws as well. But somehow we lost grip of the games - mostly in the 1st leg, which led to historically defeats because the whole world knew we were the better team. The teams we faced were just lucky that things went their way. Therefore, is it not possible for me to vote more than "5". My brain tells me to be confident, but my former broken heart tells me to be cautious.
I think Luis Enrique failed to rest our players before the important CL away games. I partly blame it on the Copa, in particular our tough match against Atletico. EV should know better - rather risk a CDR loss than traveling to England with a tired team.

10. We will take revenge for 2012. Messi will get a long overdue hat trick at Stamford Bridge.

Since we have already crushed Madrid this season, I want nothing more than to see us crush these fuckers. 3-0 away, 4-0 home pls.

The knockouts after this one will be MUCH harder. For some reason, Chelsea's the one team aside from the Basels and the Bestikases that I am absolutely sure we will beat.

Last edited:

jamrock

If we play Roberto in midfield and semedo at RB I'm fairly certain we will win, if we don't it's a toss up.

Djab

7. Football is absolutely unpredictable, form aside. Chelsea currently isn’t the team of muscular giants they used to be and their injuries aren’t helping them either. I’m expecting a win but not a very easy one. We’ll see what happens. :barcascarf:

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
This team has too much fortitude to lose, and the players are hungry after missing out last two seasons and seeing our bitter rivals win it consecutively. A lot of pride at stake.

Stamford bridge isn't an easy stadium for us though, but i do love going to play there. Chelsea-Barca rivalry is one of my favorites. It's always dramatic, hard fought, with crazy goals and controversy. Shall be good.

mateopol

5/10.

After the draw I picked Chelsea to win 1-0 at Bridge and us to win 2-1 at Camp Nou, so 5/10 for me since I think we will go out. In 2011-12 after we lost 0-1 at Bridge, I was sure we won't get through and the same think will happen this time if we finish the first leg scoreless. Since we didn't score any goal in this years UCL away from home (Coates was an own goal, our luck has to end finally), it will be tough. WE HAVE TO SCORE AT LEAST one goal at Stamford Bridge to go through.

Zincubus

Banned
Before tonight's debarkle I was reasonably confident but AFTER seeing Valverde hanging a great player like Coutinho out to dry on the right wing , playing Suarez on the left for the first 25 minutes , then playing Paulhino and Rakitic together in midfield.... I'm scared !

The only thing missing tonight was Messi not being tried at CB.

Horatio

You're welcome
Before tonight's debarkle I was reasonably confident but AFTER seeing Valverde hanging a great player like Coutinho out to dry on the right wing , playing Suarez on the left for the first 25 minutes , then playing Paulhino and Rakitic together in midfield.... I'm scared !

The only thing missing tonight was Messi not being tried at CB.

I see you are opting to walk down the 'troll' path. Don't.

behindbrowneyes

If we play Roberto in midfield and semedo at RB I'm fairly certain we will win, if we don't it's a toss up.

Semedo is banned for the first game. Bit afraid of Alonso vs Roberto tbh. Piqué and Umtiti will have to be careful covering Morata in the air.

Basically I'm confident in our team and Valverde. Chelsea is not in the form they were last season and we are flying. However, Chelsea always has been a very tough match-up for our style. This time it might be different as Valverde has a different approach. I expect a draw in London and a win in Catalonia.

Home of Barca Fans