UEFA Nations League

BerkeleyBernie

Jeez, Belgium is boring without DeBruyne and Eden Hazard. No creativity and won't get the ball to Lukaku or Mertens, only Thorgen Hazard far out on the wing, who does nothing with it. Mertens is frustrated as hell (though he's always been a bit of a brat, he's by far their most likely to create a goal).

EDIT: Calm precise technical finish by Mertens from a loose ball in the box.

Last edited:

Slevinn

Jeez, Belgium is boring without DeBruyne and Eden Hazard. No creativity and won't get the ball to Lukaku or Mertens, only Thorgen Hazard far out on the wing, who does nothing with it. Mertens is frustrated as hell (though he's always been a bit of a brat, he's by far their most likely to create a goal).

EDIT: Calm precise technical finish by Mertens from a loose ball in the box.
I don?t think that was the reason. Those are our 2 best players but the team has no interest in the NL (Meuner even literally said it at the presser). I think most teams still see these games as a friendly.

The team also suffered from the horrible distribution from Mignolet. No idea why he played and is still the second goalkeeper instead of Casteels since the latter is way better.

WTF is Portugal doing with Croatia. These days Ronaldo's chances to win a big title is much higer with his Nationalteam than with his club, for me Portugal is top3 favourites for Euro 2021.
Portugal has a great team. I?d put them in my top 3 too.

Jenks

WTF is Portugal doing with Croatia. These days Ronaldo's chances to win a big title is much higer with his Nationalteam than with his club, for me Portugal is top3 favourites for Euro 2021.

They looked very good, but it was hard to tell how much of it was their play and how much of it was Croatia looking disinterested.

Gnidrologist

This dutch team is so painfully mediocre. Bunch of workhorse with zero creativity, bad technique and bad IQ. Apart from DeJong, these players are tier 2 at best. And we want two of them..

Altomonte

Italy dominated in the first half, but Holland played better in the second. The score was ok, Italy had the better chances. FDJ was ok but not great. Not even VVD was playing as usual. Memphis looks ok.

HanDW

Portugal top3 favorites (in UEFA) for the next tournaments, real chances of Ronaldo retiring with another international major trophy.

Last edited:

Richard.H

Portugal top3 favorites (in UEFA) for the next tournaments, real chances of Ronaldo retiring with another international major trophy.

Messi better rest up for Copa America 2021, his second to last shot at international glory (last one being WC 2022).

BerkeleyBernie

Dat reverse carpet pass defense-cutting assist today by Runar Mar Sigurjonsson for Iceland's goal against Belgium- that was Xavi level shit.

Andresito

Staff member
Interesting front three starting.

EnIN-IGWEAAiAPH

El Gato

Villarato!
Apparently the Nations League that was drawn (to finish in 2023) is the last Nations League in that format.

Boniek (UEFA VP) went on podcast yesterday to say UEFA has been negotiating with CONMEBOL for them to join the Nations League. Provisionally the 16 League A sides will be joined by 6 CONMEBOL teams and the other 4 will fall in League B.

This is in line with the FIFA proposal of holding the World Cup every 2 years.

https://youtu.be/zx-S6jdeW_A

Home of Barca Fans