UEFA Nations League

Kul_z

Are Croatia just not interested in this thing then?

I'm croatian, and i think they're just emotionaly done. And backline of pivaric vida mitrovic and rog is like futsal line up, vrsaljko was good, but right when he was subbed of it was done. Modric playing like shit, rakitic also. Whatever

BBZ8800

Are Croatia just not interested in this thing then?

Well, Croatia and Balkan teams are extremely hot and cold in general.
Croatia's world cup was a surprise to some extent, knowing our mentality.

The last time when Croatia achieved big things, in 1998, we we were playing horrible in the qualifiers after that and didn't qualify for Euros 2000', ending behind Ireland and Serbia.

Croatia lost motivation and it will take some time and some heavy beating to get back on feet, since currently we probably think that the opponents will be scared of us and that we will win just because of who we are.
Spain, on the other hand, had a terrible World cup, they have a new team, a new coach, a fresh start, a lot of motivated youngsters, and everyone wants to play 120%.

Mix those two things, add a lucky goal or two, and a match can easily end 5:0, 6:0, 7:0 or similar.

This is a perfect example of what happens when your motivation is drained from a (too) huge achievement.

Gnidrologist

Untypical for Spain wanting to score more goals at 6:0. Those young players are hungry. Spain's recent failures were in kind similar to Barcas - old successful geezers just don't care anymore.

Morten

I should be happy for our players, but i dont really care about Spain, many tired players will return for club football.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tuned out at 3-0, once Spain scored they looked like they stopped caring.

Whether this is glorified friendly or not there is no excuse for this. Team assembled from Croatian league wouldn't concede like this.

Joan

To be frank, this is Croatia I expected at the WC when they proved me terribly wrong. Not 6-0 of course, but an uninterested team which wouldn't go through.

JerseyAddict

Croatian back line was utter shit. It was a disaster of a line up. Kovačić assited Asensio for 2:0 like they are still in RM. Croatia missed their chances at 0:0. After 2nd and 3rd goal it was downhill. Rog and Pivarić on flanks... Jesus...

Home of Barca Fans