Fabian Ruiz

Riordon

Watched some of his game yesterday, what a player. So sad we didn’t get him when we could for 15m and then 30m. Nevertheless, give me him next to De Jong in midfield. A Barca DNA midfield with stamina and strength.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am sure won't get him, since we won't be paying 100m plus for a midfielder when we need to spend money on a CF and a CB.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I am sure won't get him, since we won't be paying 100m plus for a midfielder when we need to spend money on a CF and a CB.

There's no CF worth signing. Move Griezmann centrally and sign a proper LW that doesn't move like a turtle, which is something we desperately need.

I would still sign Fabian Ruiz if possible though. Him or Havertz along with de Jong and Arthur and we could have a dominant midfield for 5+ years with a manager that isn't a dumbass.

Time to retire Busquets and move de Jong into his position.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There's no CF worth signing. Move Griezmann centrally and sign a proper LW that doesn't move like a turtle, which is something we desperately need.

I would still sign Fabian Ruiz if possible though. Him or Havertz along with de Jong and Arthur and we could have a dominant midfield for 5+ years with a manager that isn't a dumbass.

Time to retire Busquets and move de Jong into his position.

I still don't think Griezmann can play CF. Certainly not well.

Leo_Messi

World class player. Arguably one of our best midfielders already. Would love to see him at Barça as I have written tons of times on this forum. Such a shame that we did not jump on the train when he was leaving Betis. Still think that the failed Ceballos signing could have something to do with that decision.

Riordon

World class player. Arguably one of our best midfielders already. Would love to see him at Barça as I have written tons of times on this forum. Such a shame that we did not jump on the train when he was leaving Betis. Still think that the failed Ceballos signing could have something to do with that decision.

Agree, he is so complete and his stats back it up. Simply stupid we didn’t buy him when we could for first 15m and later 30m. Never mind he is my number target with Konaté next summer.

Messi983

We don't need a proper CF IMO. Certainly not with Griezmann and Messi in the team. We need a proper LW who can provide some width, pace and 1v1 ability.

I don't disagree we could use a good LW but who would you buy? Outside of Neymar (I'm not in favour of his return for many reasons though we'll probably spend most of next sumemr chasing him again) we don't really have a lot of reallistically available options. Also, buying a young LW would probably close the door to regular first team playing time for Fati so I'm really not sure if we should make a big investment in that position and I would prefer to spend money on Fabian and a CB.

DonAK

I don't disagree we could use a good LW but who would you buy? Outside of Neymar (I'm not in favour of his return for many reasons though we'll probably spend most of next sumemr chasing him again) we don't really have a lot of reallistically available options. Also, buying a young LW would probably close the door to regular first team playing time for Fati so I'm really not sure if we should make a big investment in that position and I would prefer to spend money on Fabian and a CB.

We need a LW, Fabian/Creative CM and a CB. We really need all three positions. Probably a RB too, but the RB market is a mess.

We're probably signing Neymar next summer. It's going to happen as he's not renewing his contract and PSG won't risk losing both Neymar and Mbappé in the same window.

It's imperative that we sign a proper LW unless Dembele magically becomes good now. We need some width and pace + movement in our attack.

It's not going to work even if we sign Fabian if we line up with three slow forwards.

Last edited:

Messi983

I would forget about Neymar. He's just too expensive. Try to find a cheaper solution for LW. Don't know who. Maybe Bergwijn could be an option. Haven't followed him much but I prefer to take a bit riskier approach (a more unknown quality) than spend big money on Neymar. Or get a RW like Chukwueze. We don't neccesarily need a LW. Messi is not playing as a winger so we could maybe use a fast RW who is good 1 on 1 with Messi and Griezmann upfront changing their positions while Alba/Firpo is playing high as well. BTW, I still haven't totally given up on Dembele but he needs to stay healthy for the rest of this season when he returns and then we'll see how he'll do. Not likely to happen but I hope for the best.

Fabian/Aouar (he would probably be chaper but I think Fabian is a more complete player and would also adapt faster as a Spaniard; Havertz is an option too but he's probably going to Bayern) and a CB like Konate are doable though it won't be easy to negotiate with ADL/Napoli or RBL. We'll probably bring back Emerson if we sell Semedo. Depending on how they'll both do this season.

Riordon

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]

MD had an article days ago that both Olmo and Ruiz are on a priority list.

Let’s hope he left a good impression

DonAK

@DonAK

MD had an article days ago that both Olmo and Ruiz are on a priority list.

Let’s hope he left a good impression

At this rate we should probably sign both.

Anyway I won't care for these rumors until Valverde is gone, we sell or remove all the seniors from the club and Starting Lineup and we have a manager who can utilize these players.

Home of Barca Fans