Fabian Ruiz

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No big deal.

I personally don't rate him that highly. They should only get one of him or Arthur anyway.

xXKonan

There's some guys I follow on twitter that don't want him because he's more of a younger Spanish version of Rakitic. :lol:

DonAK

There's some guys I follow on twitter that don't want him because he's more of a younger Spanish version of Rakitic. :lol:

I don't understand the hype. Ceballos was more impressive last season under a worse coach with a worse system, and he's warming the bench in Real Madrid. The last superstar midfield talent to play in La Liga for a club outside of the top 3 was Isco. Players like that you absolutely have to get. With Ceballos and Fabian Ruiz you can miss out as someone of similar level will pop up again soon.

ebieymjunior

I don't understand the hype. Ceballos was more impressive last season under a worse coach with a worse system, and he's warming the bench in Real Madrid. The last superstar midfield talent to play in La Liga for a club outside of the top 3 was Isco. Players like that you absolutely have to get. With Ceballos and Fabian Ruiz you can miss out as someone of similar level will pop up again soon.

Completely agree

xXKonan

I consider him talented but not in the same vein such as Ceballos.

But ebieymjunior made a good point though, that he sort of seems Andre Gomeish in terms of hype. A lot of teams were after Gomes due to his 2014/15 season and overall potential. He would be cheaper than Gomes was if we buy him and he might have more Ability than Gomes has.

There's a decent amount of teams after him after a great season and he's cheap (30 Million) but like I said above I just get another Gomes feeling out of this.

DonAK

I consider him talented but not in the same vein such as Ceballos.

But ebieymjunior made a good point though, that he sort of seems Andre Gomeish in terms of hype. A lot of teams were after Gomes due to his 2014/15 season and overall potential. He would be cheaper than Gomes was if we buy him and he might have more Ability than Gomes has.

There's a decent amount of teams after him after a great season and he's cheap (30 Million) but like I said above I just get another Gomes feeling out of this.

Not even that, we already have a young talented midfielder in Alena and we're signing another one with a different profile from Brazil. Do we really need another young midfielder now? Especially when it's not a generational talent? Please get in one good established player instead that's around the age of 24-27.

ebieymjunior

Not even that, we already have a young talented midfielder in Alena and we're signing another one with a different profile from Brazil. Do we really need another young midfielder now? Especially when it's not a generational talent? Please get in one good established player instead that's around the age of 24-27.

Especially when it seems De Jong will be joining in 2019.

xXKonan

The club is thinking youth again. Which I don't mind but we also need an experienced CM like Thiago or an Eriksen.

But what's probably going to happen is we get Arthur in the summer and no one else in the CM spot even if we sell Gomes. Arthur is fine but like I said above we really need a good established Midfielder as well.

xXKonan

According to MD while we are following Ruiz and did consider him an option we won't pay his release clause this summer.

Messi983

According to Corriere dello Sport (don't know how reliable they are) Napoli will pay Ruiz's buyout clause.

Porque

Good move for him, although a second season with Setien may benefit him more than playing under Ancelotti.

Messi983

Napoli has finally paid Ruiz's buyout clause...

[tw]1014830625084313600[/tw]

[tw]1014832752666054656[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans