Fabian Ruiz

Nothanks

---------suarez/griezmann--messi
coutinho--busquets---rakitic---------dembele

we don't have space for another starting role unless we bench one of the 4 listed, if i'm not mistaken we need subs for the starters.
which is why we are linked to ruiz's and arthur's of the football world and not pogba etc.

assuming paulinho is the only one that stays of our subs and denis, gomes are sold with iniesta leaving we need to fill up the slots.. alena maybe getting promotion.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You're assuming we're going to play a 4-4-2 when that seems unlikely for me.

Of course we do have a chance for a new starter. Don't you think we can upgrade on Rakitic?

Rakitic is an underwhelming midfield starter for Barça.

Nothanks

it's a safe assumption considering who is managing us right now, no? there have been almost 0 indications that he'll change maybe the fodder games remaining in la liga will show signs of experimentation but i don't expect much difference from valverde

i think there can be some upgrades to rakitic but not drastic ones, i think the board is also probably very poor after transfers and wanting to bring griezmann and we wont make much of a profit/ or cash at all on selling dead weights

which is why we are gambling on 30-40m young transfers like arthur and ruiz.. or even free market players like meyer instead of established midfielders on big teams

Raketa10

Can we please sign an established midfielder too?

Not that I'm against Fabian Ruiz or Arthur, but FGS, we should be in win-now mode too with Messi turning 31 this year.

Besides, are we REALLY going to trust Valverde with two young players?

In that case three. :D

Ruiz, Arthur and Alena.

serghei

Eriksen has two years left on his contract.

Obviously there's none available if you don't even try.

Eriksen is one of the few top class players who are available, sort of. Probably the only one who would be an upgrade over Rakitic.

BarçaBarça

Eriksen has two years left on his contract.

Obviously there's none available if you don't even try.

Eriksen is the type of player who plans his career in just the right way: He moved on from Ajax at the right time, and after settling at Tottenham, he extended his contract.
Now in his prime he has years to go, and therefore he can ask the club to sell him for a maximum amount of money, or lose out on the money and watch him walk away to a bigger stage in two years anyway.

I think Spurs will negotiate if he desires to come here and we are willing to spend on him. It is not unrealistic in my opinion.

BarçaBarça

But Eriksen is AM not CM player.

But he tracks back and works his ass of in defence more than a usually AM (he truly sacrifices himself for the team in that regard). He could be 8-role in our midfield, imo.

The tradeoff is that we would sacrifice ball-control and passing-superiority in exchange for workrate, quick runs upfield, keypasses and longshots.
With Arthur or similar we would get more classic ball-control and less pace/longshots.

With regards to Ruiz, I'm still a bit annoyed that Ceballos is Madridista, as he is superior to Ruiz, imo. Arthur is no safe-bet, but getting both him and Ruiz is a bit overkill, tbh, as Denis will also insist on another season to look for a Roberto-revelation and we need to feed Alena minutes as well.

Last edited:

Joan

Just googled his name and looks like Mourinho is after him. Eh, looks like his Barca move won't happen.

Home of Barca Fans