Valverde: "Team is committed"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca coach Ernesto Valverde was pleased with his team's 5-0 win against Betis:

67135705.jpg

“They made it hard for us to play out from the back, but we kept going. It was a question of perseverance.”

“In a difficult game where they pressed up very high up the pitch, they took risks and we were able to exploit them.”

“As the game went on, we began to control the ball and we were patient. We needed to force the error."

“Our goal is to continue pushing hard in the league and to win as many games as possible."

“My team is committed, together during the good and bad moments. We all want to take this step forward as a unit, as we would if we suffered a setback.”

On Leo Messi

"I applaud what he does and I hope the crowd enjoyed and will remember what he does.”

“We are fortunate to be around while the best is playing. It is a pleasure to have him with us. Today was a real show. He is the best there is and there has been."

Vilarrubi

Barca coach Ernesto Valverde was pleased with his team's 5-0 win against Betis:

67135705.jpg

“They made it hard for us to play out from the back, but we kept going. It was a question of perseverance.”

“In a difficult game where they pressed up very high up the pitch, they took risks and we were able to exploit them.”

“As the game went on, we began to control the ball and we were patient. We needed to force the error."

“Our goal is to continue pushing hard in the league and to win as many games as possible."

“My team is committed, together during the good and bad moments. We all want to take this step forward as a unit, as we would if we suffered a setback.”

On Leo Messi

"I applaud what he does and I hope the crowd enjoyed and will remember what he does.”

“We are fortunate to be around while the best is playing. It is a pleasure to have him with us. Today was a real show. He is the best there is and there has been."

What a gent.

BusiTheKing

It really seems that he's earned the team's affection. I was watching a training video and he was joking around with them. The whole atmosphere and spirit seemed much more relaxed and earnest than with Lucho.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He got Suarez back, Rakitic looking good, Gomes, even Vermaelen at his best. Alba is hitting form of his life, Stegen is having the best season. Was mixing up with 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 trying to find best place for Suarez and patience paid off.

We are pressing smarter and looking more like a unit while playing closer version to old Barca than Lucho's controlled chaos of front 3.

I am still puzzled with some decisions when he selects squad or subs but we don't see the whole picture. Who trains hard or who may carry a discomfort, etc.

Windhook

I am still puzzled with some decisions when he selects squad or subs but we don't see the whole picture. Who trains hard or who may carry a discomfort, etc.

I believe this is Valverde's rotation policy, not favoring particular player. As you may have noticed Valverde talks a lot with his players, instructing the likes of Andre Gomes, Paco, Deulofeu and even Paulinho. The only guy who hasn't been spared this season is Messi and he usually walks the pitch in the first half.

Injuries so far have been his biggest challenge, I believe from now on it would be finding the right place for Coutinho. The 11 point lead in La Liga and the Brazilian being ineligible for Champions League might make things easier.

Home of Barca Fans