Worst Barça signing within the last 10 years

Worst signing within the last 10 years

• Total voters

Vilarrubi

If it’s from a footballing perspective it’s Gomes... no contest at all. The amount of games he’s been given and showed literally nothing.

If you watched his highlights back to back of mistakes and lack of quality it would be outrageous.

His 50m price tag doesn’t look too good either, plus I feel like there’s pressure from the board to play him more and I really don’t understand why.

He’s actually played 65 GAMES for us so far........ I repeat 65 GAMES.

PhilS

Douglas did not do great for this team, but he was a minor acquisition, not expensive.

Arda has not done much on the field for Barca, Messi fired him after that foul in the Clasico last year that cost Barca La Liga. But what everyone seems to forget is that Arda was very, very good for AM. Buying him removed him from the AM roster, which is more than nothing.

For total harm to Barca, Ibra must take the prize. Besides the breathtaking financial loss the team took on him after just one year, Ibra actively tried to ruin the team because Messi took his position. Jealousy of Messi is such a sin for any member of this team, nothing is worse than that.

Zlatan. 50m + Eto'o to stop us from being the first team to defend the CL (and worse it ends up being Zidane's Madrid :puke:)

Arda, Gomes, etc were wastes of money more than anything. At least they spent much of their time on the bench where they did the least outright harm.

Douglas was the most embarrassing signing. And the most corrupt.

Last edited:

serghei

What's Neymar doing on the list? :lol: Talk about [MENTION=8742]Trickykid[/MENTION] baiting people to be overly emotional about the PSG shit.

Trickykid

What's Neymar doing on the list? :lol: Talk about [MENTION=8742]Trickykid[/MENTION] baiting people to be overly emotional about the PSG shit.

Honestly, it was mostly an entry in honor of BBZ (and I badly wanted to have 10 entries - don't ask why...). However I'm sure someone could whip up a case for Nerman solely because of the controversy political and economic implications. Not that I'd agree, just as I don't agree with the majority of the picks on the list.

serghei

Honestly, it was mostly an entry in honor of BBZ (and I badly wanted to have 10 entries - don't ask why...). However I'm sure someone could whip up a case for Nerman solely because of the controversy political and economic implications. Not that I'd agree, just as I don't agree with the majority of the picks on the list.

True, BBZ hasn't voted yet. :lol:

Devils

Zlatan was a horrendous transfer. We gave away a world class striker who fit our system perfectly and a huge amount of money. Terrible.

Arda is the WOAT though, fuck that guy.

Kohe321

Arda is the new benchmark for bad signings due to having a completely unmatched negative ratio of signing price, salary and lack of impact with the team.

Centauri B

The worst signing must be someone on which there were great expectations. So, players like Hleb, Douglas, Turan, Chygriskiy, Gomes are not candidates.

Both Cesc & Alexis (which we bought after our epic 10/11 season) were relative disappointments but we cannot say that they were bad, they had several good moments throughout their stay at Barcelona.

The one player that was hyped to the high heavens, cost lots of money plus Eto'o was Ibra and he did not suit us one little bit.

Ibra takes this easily.

Dembele can possibly rival him if he does not show the goods next season.

Albo

The worst signing must be someone on which there were great expectations. So, players like Hleb, Douglas, Turan, Chygriskiy, Gomes are not candidates.

Both Cesc & Alexis (which we bought after our epic 10/11 season) were relative disappointments but we cannot say that they were bad, they had several good moments throughout their stay at Barcelona.

The one player that was hyped to the high heavens, cost lots of money plus Eto'o was Ibra and he did not suit us one little bit.

Ibra takes this easily.

Dembele can possibly rival him if he does not show the goods next season.

Dembele will be 21 next season lol, I hope he plays well next season but if a 21 year old player doesn't perform perfectly it doesn't make him the worst Barca signing.

LeeRomeno

Voted for Zlatan, yes, overall he did more than Turan for example, not to mention Gomes, but the fact we paid money + gave away Eto for half a season of decent performances just gives me no other option.

Centauri B

Dembele will be 21 next season lol, I hope he plays well next season but if a 21 year old player doesn't perform perfectly it doesn't make him the worst Barca signing.

The critical issue with Dembele is not his age. It's the amount of money that the club had to invest in him.

If he doesn't perform, then his transfer will surely amount to a disaster.

Home of Barca Fans