Worst Barça signing within the last 10 years

Worst signing within the last 10 years

• Total voters

Trickykid

Alright, here goes - pull no punches, Barcaforum.

We're talking about our worst signing within the last 10 years. This is obviously a tough one, as transfers can be failures in a multitude of ways such as financial, political (Neymar) and of course pure sportingwise. We need to distill all these factors into the worst of them all.

Arguments to consider:
  • failed expectations
  • price
  • squad implications (think Cesc vs Thiago)
  • political
  • pure badness

bismp

I think Arda is the clear winner here:

Never performed well.
Too old when we got him.
Big price.
Couldn’t play for 6 months.
We’ve been paying his wages without him playing for almost a year now.
He was used by Barto as an election trick.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even if Cesc's signing lead to Thiago's departure, which could still have been handled better with him possibly staying, Cesc at least had some good moments with us.

Douglas only cost 4m and tried hard, but simply wasn't good enough. He just sucked. Chygrinsky the same.

Either way, I'll go with Arda. I didn't want him because I never saw him as a good fit, but at least I thought he'd work hard, fight for the team out there with the reputation of a warrior that he had. He didn't cost an immense amount of money, but 34m in an election year that could have been a political signing....and the way he turned out :facepalm:

Sure he had a couple of decent performances, scored some goals when we battered Leverkusen. But for his reputation, the timing of his transfer, the price, the little effort he showed on the field and his annoying tendency to argue with everyone out there on the opposition team, it got to be him for me.

And would I have to mention we didn't get a shit back of the money we invested? At least with Gomes I expect Mendes to find a club that will pay 30m.

Trickykid

I had to go with Ibra. He did alright, but his transfer including offloading Eto'o and paying a shitton of euros was a complete and utter horrorshow in hindsight.

Zincubus

Banned
No way was it Arda !!!

Didn't he have a decent spell for us when we were short of forwards ( Neymar injured ?) .

Douglas is easily the worst signing , by a mile

Home of Barca Fans