Lliga | Round 20: Real Betis - FC Barcelona 0-5

PhilS

Rakitic best role is just sitting next to busquets and keeping the shape of the team, he is too limited for a role beyond that

When Rak is not on the field, Barca is not as good. Busquets has a very fine replacement, the team is just about as good with Rak at that position as it is when Busquets is playing. I'm not sure I can articulate why Rak is so important, but it is easy to see when he sits. Several players are essential, not only because of how good they are but also because their alternates are not good enough:
Messi, of course
Suarez
Iniesta
Rak
Alba
maybe S. Roberto

I hope this list can shrink when Coutinho gets integrated into the squad, so the team can be more flexible and deeper.

jairzinho

When Rak is not on the field, Barca is not as good. Busquets has a very fine replacement, the team is just about as good with Rak at that position as it is when Busquets is playing. I'm not sure I can articulate why Rak is so important, but it is easy to see when he sits. Several players are essential, not only because of how good they are but also because their alternates are not good enough:
Messi, of course
Suarez
Iniesta
Rak
Alba
maybe S. Roberto

I hope this list can shrink when Coutinho gets integrated into the squad, so the team can be more flexible and deeper.

I'm still convinved that Raki can't be a starter next season. He just doens't have it in his legs anymore.

But your'e right about what he offers right now which is his positioning and understanding with the rest of the team.

Joan

Messi, of course
Suarez
Iniesta
Rak
Alba
maybe S. Roberto

Busquets' very good replacement should be Rak? We look completely different when Sergio's not on the pitch. In last two games, Raktić almost cost us a goal multiple times due to him occupying that space.
But yes, I agree with you on his impact on the team. If the team is operative, there's no one better in the team to play alongside Busquets in 442.

jairzinho

Mats

Semedo
Pique
Verm
Alba

Paulinho
Busquets
Rakitic
Sergi Roberto

Messi
Saurez

This should be the lineup.
Hopefully no Gomes.

Joan

Mats

Semedo
Pique
Verm
Alba

Paulinho
Busquets
Rakitic
Sergi Roberto

Messi
Saurez

This should be the lineup.
Hopefully no Gomes.

Should Paulinho start considering his injury? Although, this could be a great lineup
Roberto scored his first in laliga against them

xXKonan

DUFc6xMWsAEJJ53.jpg

Home of Barca Fans