Copa | Quarterfinal: FC Barcelona - Espanyol 2-1 agg.

Neeraj

The first game I missed this season :lol:

We will rip asspanyol to shreds at home. In case we don't and we go out, more than happy to take the extra days between important CL games. Win-win for me, this scenario.

FinBarcelonafan

Thats not excactly true. In englad the premier league is valued more than the champions

I don't believe this. You're saying they would rather win PL than CL? Bullshit. CL is one of the most watched event's in the world.

While winning league is nice, It will never be as glorious as winning CL. CL is the most exciting event in football, other than World Cup or maybe Euros.

Thrill of CL is amazing. In few seconds you could be out or in. It's amazing, terrible and terrifying, but that's why It's so exciting.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

The first game I missed this season :lol:

We will rip asspanyol to shreds at home. In case we don't and we go out, more than happy to take the extra days between important CL games. Win-win for me, this scenario.

Exactly and I'm hoping Chelsea stays alive in every competition. They have quite small squad anyway.

Cebela

I don't believe this. You're saying they would rather win PL than CL? Bullshit. CL is one of the most watched event's in the world.

While winning league is nice, It will never be as glorious as winning CL. CL is the most exciting event in football, other than World Cup or maybe Euros.

Thrill of CL is amazing. In few seconds you could be out or in. It's amazing, terrible and terrifying, but that's why It's so exciting.

You know that the winner of Championship get twice as mych as prize money as CL winner. Check how much do teams get from tv rights in both cimpetitions. Yes, PL is in england much more respected that CL. Even when un the previous seasons when english teams sucked inCL, the PL was growing in revenue. Yes again PL is more important

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You know that the winner of Championship get twice as mych as prize money as CL winner. Check how much do teams get from tv rights in both cimpetitions. Yes, PL is in england much more respected that CL. Even when un the previous seasons when english teams sucked inCL, the PL was growing in revenue. Yes again PL is more important

Bullshit. Bet any team would prefer being Champions of Europe.

But yeah, there are certainly those who think otherwise. To some inbred village person pork is everything as he rarely/never gets veal.

Cebela

Bullshit. Bet any team would prefer being Champions of Europe.

But yeah, there are certainly those who think otherwise. To some inbred village person pork is everything as he rarely/never gets veal.

Oh I see you are a special kid..you sound dumb enough to be fro united states..you should watch baseball and football where you kick the ball as often as in volleyball

Cebela

You dont undestand football and definetly dobt u deratand bussiness...do some research and even if your parents told tou that you are special...you are not..the word is retarded

Stoichkov1

Being best in Europe > being best in your local pond. Many people don't give shit and often don't even know what's happening in various leagues, but even an average housewife hears about champion's league. Winning there establishes worl wide legacy, because it's regarded as the most elite club tournament in the world for quite some time now. Even south americans dream about winning it, despite having their own copa libertadores. Get real.

Where did I say it's better to win the league than the CL?

I said that to win the CL you need luck and if we win only the league the season can be considered succesful.

FC B

Winning the CL does not automatically make you the best team in Europe. Liverpool in 2005, Chelsea 2012, Real in 2014 and 2016 weren't even the best teams in their country. Chelsea in 2012 wasn't even the best team in London. Same for Liverpool in 2005 not being the best team in Liverpool.

Exactly!

Gnidrologist

every barca fan should give a shit about legaue, because its competition where your team play most matches during the season, and winning it, especially as catalan club it has special joy, about others, non barca fans, who care what they think, they have their own club to support

About cl, its a tournament, you give your best shoot and if you win it, great, if not and you already won la liga, season is succesful
I absolutely don't diminish league especially knowing how important it must be for sperastically incilined catalans. League is important, okay? CL is more important, is that okay with you?
Since i started watching almost every Barca match in league i've become as excited as you about league winning, but i remember times, when there was no wide access to watching Spanish or any other league matches in non-host countries, but CL was always on all TV channels even in most obscure shitholes :)trump:) and it made everyone realize which are the best clubs in Europe. The winner of that is always a king in minds of general population. It doesn't matter how it was won or how shitty the club is in their domestic championship, because most people from foreign countries don't even follow that. Only football enthusiasts, who actively post on message boards like this.
Thats not excactly true. In englad the premier league is valued more than the champions
It's just manufactured to the industrial level sour grapes shit. English clubs have not only been vastly inferior to spanish sides in the last decade, but objectively been awful both in results and quality of display in international tournaments for quite a while. It's their coping mechanism to say that PL > all. It is well known that britons are quite butthurt about the fact that despite being the inventors of modern football, they have rarely reached the level of success that other countries have had both in club level and internationally.
Make no mistake, PL is great. It has something that other leagues don't in terms of passion and unpredictability, which is a result of some ingrained culture that makes most clubs play in a fashion that makes it exiting for neutral observer. Very dynamic, very open goal to goal action. Tactics are not priority and besides foreigners, brits apparently don't nurture tehniqe or passing culture prefering physicality as the most important stat.
It appears that such philosophy is failing right now. You can't win anything with it. No wonder most successful PL teams are mostly compiled with south americans, spaniards and naturalized foreigners.
Winning the CL does not automatically make you the best team in Europe. Liverpool in 2005, Chelsea 2012, Real in 2014 and 2016 weren't even the best teams in their country. Chelsea in 2012 wasn't even the best team in London. Same for Liverpool in 2005 not being the best team in Liverpool.
Yes, it make, because history will remember Chelesea outpowering other competitors in the international tournament. This is the shit that people remember. No one gives a shit in which year Barca or Real won laliga, because it's a given that most of the times one of them wins it. There are rare exceptions like with Athletico recently or some other "minor" clubs like Valencia, Deportivo and such having good cards shuffled out at one, exceptional season. Still, even Atletis case of that they lost to great Real in CL final. If anyone even will remember that they were the rivals.

tl;dr version : People, get real. CL is the World Cup of clubs. Nothing less. Nationals may rejoice about their continental trophies, but it's not even close to winning a WC. Even Euros are kinda meh, but WC is da thing. The same with CL in club football.

Home of Barca Fans