Copa | Quarterfinal: FC Barcelona - Espanyol 2-1 agg.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes, the CL needs luck. Still, it is the most important trophy by far and we should our utmost in bringing it home.

I believe the team will be doing their utmost in bringing it home, just like they do with every trophy they play for. Two Copa games won't hurt our chances.

Centauri B

I believe the team will be doing their utmost in bringing it home, just like they do with every trophy they play for. Two Copa games won't hurt our chances.

If we had zero injury issues, I would agree with you. But with so many key players out, we need to conserve as much as possible. Chelsea will be a dangerous opponent.

Gnidrologist

Don't watch Barca then until we play CL and spare us your glory-hunting.
I usually agree with you on most things, but what did he say wrong there. CL for clubs is the same thing as WC for nations. Of course it's the most important tournament. Winning it makes history. Winning La liga, especially for Barca, is just another day in the office.

JamDav1982

Potentially could have one player missing that has barely played this season.

Going a bit overboard about injury situation.

Stoichkov1

I usually agree with you on most things, but what did he say wrong there. CL for clubs is the same thing as WC for nations. Of course it's the most important tournament. Winning it makes history. Winning La liga, especially for Barca, is just another day in the office.

No it's not, a club like real won 2 league titles in the last 9 seasons.

You should appreciate the supremacy we have in Spain, la liga is not a one-horse race like serie a or bundesliga, we compete against real and atletico every year.

Givenchy

I think he means the Copa has always been important in Barcas history, we have the most wins of any other team

Zincubus

Banned
I think he means the Copa has always been important in Barcas history, we have the most wins of any other team

No idea why we don't simply play the second eleven in this competition . It's basically meaningless in comparison to the others and it would give the fringe players some much needed playing time and a chance to showcase themselves

draconifire

We shouldn't get complacent, this game should be a kick up the butt. But if anything reminds me is the terrible one month we had in our 15/16. Hope we don't go into another slump like that when its the crucial period of the season.

Centauri B

Don't watch Barca then until we play CL and spare us your glory-hunting.

Look, there is a thing called reality and there is also virtue-signalling.

The reality is that the CL is the most important trophy in club football by several orders of magnitude. The virtue-signalling part is when a person clarifying this reality gets accused of being a glory-hunter.

FinBarcelonafan

We shouldn't get complacent, this game should be a kick up the butt. But if anything reminds me is the terrible one month we had in our 15/16. Hope we don't go into another slump like that when its the crucial period of the season.

We played good game, sometimes you lose. We didn't even have most of our starters. People shouldn't overreact.

eaman

Look, there is a thing called reality and there is also virtue-signalling.

The reality is that the CL is the most important trophy in club football by several orders of magnitude. The virtue-signalling part is when a person clarifying this reality gets accused of being a glory-hunter.

Champions league is very important to win and does make people from around Europe take more notice than if you win la liga but the league proves who the best team is over the year. Real won the champions league in 2014 and 2016 but in my opinion they weren't the best team in Europe. Atletico and Barca won the league in those years beating real in clasicos and derbys along the way. Remember when real were getting constantly beaten by atletico and only drew with them in both champions league finals after 90 minutes. Bit of a rant I know but you get the point. Basically you do need luck for the champions league. One bad night and you could be knocked out

Home of Barca Fans