Valverde: "Barca difficult to beat"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca coach, Ernesto Valverde was very pleased at his team's reaction to come from two goals behind to win 4-2 against Real Sociedad at Anoeta.

valverde-vio-romperse-mala-racha-anoeta-1515971890865.jpg

Comeback

La Real played extremely well, they dominated us in the first phase of the game. I thought we started well, actually, but the first goal did a bit of damage to us. We started making mistakes. We pressed more after the break and began to turn things around, eventually completing the comeback. Like I said, I though we started well, we had a couple of chances... then they score with their first chance and it's a blow. They grew from there. It was a little more difficult for us, they get the second goal... They're a good team and they were playing well. It was tough; we had difficulties.

On Sergi Roberto

When the opposition is pressing high, if you can beat that first line of pressure, you have a lot of space. Sergi Roberto's a good option in that sense, one of his strengths is being able to drive forward and it helped us a lot. As the game went on we were the better side, but it was a difficult situation at a difficult ground.

The gap

There's distance [between Barça and the rest], it's true we have a lot of points. We've only dropped six points in the first half of the season and the numbers are good.. we're happy. It's good to have that gap but we still have the second hald of the season to go. We never rule any of our rivals out. If I was in their place, I wouldn't give up on La Liga. I don't think they will. Maybe Madrid see other clubs closer to them, but I don't think anyone will give up on catching us despite the difference. I wouldn't.

Improving

You can never stand still as you are. You have to think that there's more you can do. Either you keep moving forward or you'll be left behind. You have to look to the next game and plan for that, look at what you can do better.

Anoeta

You can lose points at any ground because there are good teams in this league. Our intention is to generate the sensation that we are a difficult team to beat. I am happy that we've got rid of the curse, though, above all because of how we did it, coming back from two goals down.

CanadianBlaugrana

Great game! After those four goals, Messi, Suarez and Paulinho together have scored 38 goals in La Liga, while Real Madrid so far in La Liga has only scored 32 goals.

Home of Barca Fans