Lliga | Round 19: Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona 2-4

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Not the best away fixture for us by any means, but I think we'll win here by the odd goal.

serghei

I think we'll do well this time around, and we will win quite comfortably. I think it's more down to us understanding we need to do a lot better than previous years. A lot of time we played them on Anoeta while we were in a bad period, and got basically overpowered by a fresher more ambitious team.

PhilS

What I have been seeing for quite a few years now is that Barca is inferior to Real Sociedad in the Anoeta. You see one Barca all year, then you see a different team in the Barca uniforms in this stadium. Real Sociedad, too, when they play Barca at their home in Liga, they are superb, clearly the superior team.

Maybe the current Barca team will break this habit maybe the new players are not Donostia cursed the way the rest of the squad has been. This team has been looking like a team that will win out through the end of the season, that will score lots every game, concede around two goals per month.

gregorrin10

I have a good feeling for this game this season. Valverde was made overrated by a lot of us here, partly including me. But he's done really well so far. Not to mention Sociedad was his main rival in the Basque derby for years, being a Bilbao manager and all, so he'll be that much more motivated to get this right and get us a long awaited (it has now been almost a decade i think, which is an amazing stat by the way) league win at Anoeta.

Last edited:

jairzinho

I think we should go with the same system and approach we used at the Bernabeu.

And then introduce Dembele in the 2nd half.

Home of Barca Fans