Lliga | Round 19: Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona 2-4

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As someone mentioned earlier, even at 2-0 it didn't look like Barca being overrun like many times in previous years.

Would like to think even those Sociedad goals were us being complacent as there is no excuse how terrible our midfielders looked in first half.

Windhook

At 2-0 I thought we could end this game in a draw, I believed that. I had faith, even playing with some switched off players on our side. But turning this match completely was hard to imagine, especially at Anoeta.

Valverde's Barcelona has some winning mentality.

19 points ahead of Real Madrid and the only unbeaten team left in European football! Good times!

Only 50% of the possession against Sociedad. Would have lost without Suarez delivering.

This weak up line up should be reserved for friendlies only.

Great game entertainment-wise, great response to going 2-0 down at a very tough stadium. I'll take it.

Wonder if we can actually finish the season undefeated, at least in La Liga. Mestalla, Calderon, Bernabeu and now Anoeta are all out of the way.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Can anyone please share the highlights with Ray Hudson, pretty please. Would love to hear his commentary on both Suarez 1st and Messi goal.

Horatio

You're welcome
On different forum this win has garnered a lot of respect from the Madrid fans. Not much left to do I guess when you are 19 points behind lol.
The Paulinho transfer is having a similar effect. Some of them are enjoying that Paulinho is delivering against expectations. Can also have to do with the fact that it shut some barca supporters up.

Some of them also proclaiming that they regret thinking Ronaldo was better than Messi.

JamDav1982

In so many of the big games this season Barca start the game slowly but go up a gear in second half.

Cant be a coincidence keep doing it.

Horatio

You're welcome
In so many of the big games this season Barca start the game slowly but go up a gear in second half.

Cant be a coincidence keep doing it.

Yip. Rope a dope. Surely you'll agree with me.

Reminds me of Real last season although they performed it a bit more aggressively.

Stoichkov1

Yip. Rope a dope. Surely you'll agree with me.

Reminds me of Real last season although they performed it a bit more aggressively.

Real last season was pure luck with ramos headers/late goals.

Valverde shows what's wrong tactically at half-time and the team performs much better.

Home of Barca Fans