Coutinho 's 1st press conference

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
1515412630_048284_1515420375_noticia_normal.jpg

"I’m very content. Very happy."

“Like I said before it’s a dream. Thanks to lots of people, firstly God, my parents and my family who are here with me in every moment."

“I’d like to thank the president of FC Barcelona, the directors who had so much patience."

On Neymar

"Can I help Barca fans forget about Neymar? I'm not here to do that. I just want to play well for the fans.

“I play with Neymar for Brazil and we’ve been friends for years.

“We’re different players. He is obviously a great player but we have different qualities.”

On Liverpool

"I would like to thank Liverpool for the five years I had there and the directors, Mike Gordon who understood what I wanted, my dream, and they tried very hard to convince me to stay.

“To the fans who shared five years with me, thank you.

“My dream was to come here. I had no doubts about coming here, I have a five year contract and I hope I can play a lot of games in these years."

“I’ve played in La Liga already and want to adapt as soon as possible with my team-mates."

“I just would like to thank all the fans, all the staff, all the players, for the years I lived there."

“For sure I gave everything I could, unfortunately we couldn’t win but in five years my family was very happy there I just would like to thank them and wish them all the best.”

On Messi and Iniesta

“Messi is a great player and I’m very lucky to be able to play with him."

“Iniesta for me is a genius, it’s an honour to play with him and learn from him.

“What I like most is to be with the group and be able to play, the rest is up to the coach. What I will do is work hard.”

On Luis Suarez

“I am very happy to play with him again, he’s a great player. He wrote to me a lot, he’s a very close friend."

“We had a great spell at Liverpool, we almost won the league. He’s a great friend and it’s a great honour to be able to play with him. he told me how the club and city was and it made me want to come here even more.”

On dreaming about Barca

“Many, many times, I have dreamed of scoring the first goal, important goals. I’ve dreamed of playing here many times. My job is to work hard to be available."

“I’m very happy, my family too. This is the most important club of all and great Brazilian players have been here and I hope to be able to contribute with more success."

”Barca is the best club in the world, great idols of mine played here or are playing here. it was an easy decision.”

Altomonte

Let's wish him all the best and good luck staying free of injuries as much as possible. His appreciation of Iniesta is encouraging, it shows that his aspiration is to become one of the best attacking midfielders AND a great person on and off the field. I think he will fit in well and he will represent the Barca spirit. Too bad he can't play in the CL this spring.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans