Juan Miranda

xXKonan

MD wrote an article about how Valverde wants an "Experienced" LB instead of relying on anyone from Barca B.

While I get his concerns since Miranda is young but at the same time, after he supposedly wanting a smaller squad to incorporate more Barca B players it really seems like he's trying to weasel his way out of possibly developing another player.

Digne came out and said in an interview while Valverde and the club didn't want to sell him, he instead wanted to go because he didn't get the game time. So again Valverde wants us to spend more money, on a guy that won't even feature much like Digne while we have a promising young LB awaiting in the wings that could take up at least some of the those minutes Digne was getting.

Not sure what was the point of Miranda being pulled from the Spain U-19 team if he wasn't going to get called up. Don't think he would have been as bad at LB as Verm was today.

khaled_a_d

MD wrote an article about how Valverde wants an "Experienced" LB instead of relying on anyone from Barca B.

While I get his concerns since Miranda is young but at the same time, after he supposedly wanting a smaller squad to incorporate more Barca B players it really seems like he's trying to weasel his way out of possibly developing another player.

Digne came out and said in an interview while Valverde and the club didn't want to sell him, he instead wanted to go because he didn't get the game time. So again Valverde wants us to spend more money, on a guy that won't even feature much like Digne while we have a promising young LB awaiting in the wings that could take up at least some of the those minutes Digne was getting.

Not sure what was the point of Miranda being pulled from the Spain U-19 team if he wasn't going to get called up. Don't think he would have been as bad at LB as Verm was today.

tbf I think this one is on Abidal, I mean Miranda is good talent and all but through 20 years of being a Barca fan I don't remember any 18 or U-20 defender that has been getting useful minutes inside the club. Our defenders most likely get promoted or even signed around the age of 21.
Coach tells you to keep your back up LB, you sell him. Coach tells you get me new LB and you say no and want to force him to play an 18 years old as back up which is almost unprecedented in the club?
This isn't remotely close to Grimaldo situation, he was 20 and had 3 years playing in second division,Miranda has played only 5 games at that level (and 6 minutes in another 2 games)
I think we needed someone like Sylvinho, a veteran (probably from Liga) who won't cost much and will do the job for couple of years until one of Miranda or Cucu is ready

messi1995

Valverde is a coward. Seriously I fucking dislike him. When he was signed to be our coach he promised to trust la masia. Now he doesn't have the balls to give players like Miranda chances against teams like Leganes. Aleña + Riqui are very good talents and fit our playing style more than Vidal. Imagine trusting Vermaelen over Miranda in the LB spot. "But but Valverde likes to give youth players chances". Can't even give chances to youth players against teams like Leganes. Even when we were secured in CL group stage he refused to play youth players.

Not only that he is a pussy and doesn't have balls to rotate with the squad he has. And he's defending a 1-0 lead by parking the bus. Pussy. And his agenda against Dembele is disgusting. Not playing Dembele in the RW position where he thrives best and bench him for Suarez when the latter has a disasterclass every weak is a disgusting way to treat players. Anybody that rates this donkey can fuck off. We are Barca, not fucking Bilbao. We play dominating football, give youth players chances and defend with the ball. If you don't want to do this way.. Then you can fuck off.

Btw: Miranda declined spain u19 call up because he wanted to prepare next Barca game. Valverde promised to play him but since Valverde is a coward and need to win games, He will play the best starting lineup once again. Coward!!

Last edited:

God Serena

Miranda pulled off of international duty because the first team potentially needed him by Valverde's own admission and he's set to get 0 minutes and that's including time spent on the bench.

What a god damn cunt Valverde is, damn.

messi1995

Will Miranda play against spurs? nope. Should've accepted spain call up. Playing under Valverde is impossible if you are a youth player. Valverde didn't rotate last year because he was a pussy and needed individual brilliance to save his ass. He needed the best players including Messi to win games. Without Messi he is just an another Tata Martino with a suit. Doesn't have the balls to play Miranda because he's a midtable coach.

When will Aleña, Oriol Busi, Samper and Riqui get their chances? Aleña is bailing at Barca B along with Riqui. Yes I know it's segunda B, but it's not an easy league for youth players. The league is very though and physical, especially when you don't have many experienced players around you. A very young squad in segunda B is difficult. Aleña deserve to get chances because he's class. He along with Riqui will contribute more than what Rakitic has done for this club. They just need some playing time and they will adapt when they get older and get experience. Samper is very talented, but I don't think he will replace Busquets. I think he's just a squad player, but he can contribute more than Vidal. He's shit in defending, but Samper loves to breaking lines. Very technical player. Vidal isn't a press resistant midfielder. He isn't creative enough. Chilean Rakitic (a true workhorse). I think Oriol Busquets is the real deal. Valverde benched Arthur against Bilbao because he wanted to play a midfield full of workhorses: Rakitic, Roberto and Vidal. Two workhorses and one right back. against spurs he will probably play 4-4-2 and Arthur will still not play. Barca will probably sign De Jong, but Valverde will still bench him, Arthur, Aleña and Samper for Coutinho (a winger), Roberto (a RB), Vidal and Rakitic (two workhorses). Don't forget that upcoming talents like Riqui, Oriol and Miranda will also be afftected. Valverde will probably play Rafinha/Denis over Riqui, Vermaealen over Miranda and Vidal over Oriol. Pussy. I will not be surprised if he play Suarez in the RW position over Dembele. Valverde is disgusting. two options: promote Pimienta to the first team next season or sign Setien. The man is what we need.

Valverde will always be a pussy and a midtable coach.

Last edited:

xXKonan

According to Ferran Martinez, he was benched today as he will be playing in the Copa Del Rey match on Wednesday.

khaled_a_d

Would people rather bet on Miranda or buy Ferland Mendy? I love to trust homegrown players but Mendy is a beast.

Depends on a lot of factors tbh, I am not buying that much into Juan hype tbh. I see him as good back up but he isn't that fast for a FB which worries me after Montoya experience.
I think we need a back up LB for this season and next until he matures a bit or Cucurulla prove himself worth a spot (he is gradually getting minutes with Eibar btw)
Mendy is much older though still fairly young. He is good but he won't be starter here while Alba is still playing at current level. Would he be ok with that? getting couple of seasons as sub before taking over Alba? what is his price too?

xXKonan

Problem with the LB spot is that even if Ferland Mendy comes he will likely get the Digne Treatment.

It's just Alba right now is a force of nature that the coach would prefer to play him as much as possible while even though how good Mendy currently is. It's a bit different at RB where both Roberto and Semedo have strengths and weaknesses and those two would still get some good minutes. But at LB it's a whole different story.

Digne himself was a good reliable Backup, but he simply wasn't playing a lot due to how good Alba really is. Even he has seen the writing on the wall after he was left out of the France WC squad, that he wanted to move for his own sake.

Alba is 29 but he still has a good amount of time left in him at the top level. The question is would Ferland Mendy wait that long? like Digne even I don't think he will. I know Miranda isn't everyone's cup of tea but he's a good 5 years younger than Mendy is and 11 years younger than Alba, by the time Alba starts to slow down significanlty, Miranda will likely be ready to make the step up.

Porque

Problem with the LB spot is that even if Ferland Mendy comes he will likely get the Digne Treatment.

It's just Alba right now is a force of nature that the coach would prefer to play him as much as possible while even though how good Mendy currently is. It's a bit different at RB where both Roberto and Semedo have strengths and weaknesses and those two would still get some good minutes. But at LB it's a whole different story.

Digne himself was a good reliable Backup, but he simply wasn't playing a lot due to how good Alba really is. Even he has seen the writing on the wall after he was left out of the France WC squad, that he wanted to move for his own sake.

Alba is 29 but he still has a good amount of time left in him at the top level. The question is would Ferland Mendy wait that long? like Digne even I don't think he will. I know Miranda isn't everyone's cup of tea but he's a good 5 years younger than Mendy is and 11 years younger than Alba, by the time Alba starts to slow down significanlty, Miranda will likely be ready to make the step up.

It's true, but it is different to come in and rotate minutes with Alba @ 30 compared to Alba at 25. In the coming seasons to get the very best of Alba we will have to rest him in midweek games and fixture congestion. Mind you, physically he is up there with a Daniel Alves and discounting injuries he can give us another 4 or 5 seasons as the primary option. When he loses his pace, he will still be as fast as a Sergi Roberto for example.

With that in mind it may be better to go with a homegrown talent who can gradually learn and phase in minutes. Whether Miranda is the person for that I do not know. He has never impressed me immensely to be honest.

But also right now Digne leaving has left us with the only squad gap we have this season. Miranda is not ready right now for a run of games- and especially at the business end of the market. If there is a stopgap opportunity in the market at LB this winter, I would go for it. Sylvinho, Maxwell, those type of LB have been priceless in the past.

xXKonan

It's true, but it is different to come in and rotate minutes with Alba @ 30 compared to Alba at 25. In the coming seasons to get the very best of Alba we will have to rest him in midweek games and fixture congestion. Mind you, physically he is up there with a Daniel Alves and discounting injuries he can give us another 4 or 5 seasons as the primary option. When he loses his pace, he will still be as fast as a Sergi Roberto for example.

With that in mind it may be better to go with a homegrown talent who can gradually learn and phase in minutes. Whether Miranda is the person for that I do not know. He has never impressed me immensely to be honest.

But also right now Digne leaving has left us with the only squad gap we have this season. Miranda is not ready right now for a run of games- and especially at the business end of the market. If there is a stopgap opportunity in the market at LB this winter, I would go for it. Sylvinho, Maxwell, those type of LB have been priceless in the past.
There's rumors we were looking at Filipe Luís as a stop gap. Probably will be cheap and he also has what appears to be a Italian citizenship/Passport as well so he wouldn't count as a Non-EU player.

khaled_a_d

If there is a stopgap opportunity in the market at LB this winter, I would go for it. Sylvinho, Maxwell, those type of LB have been priceless in the past.

This is the perfect solution atm tbh.
As for Mendy and Alba, it is true that Alba will be 30 before Mendy arrives (doubt he will be sold in Jan) so it gives Mendy a bigger chance to succeed here, however Mendy will be 24 too and player at that age with high level might not be interested in being 2nd option.
Though it all depends on offers, if we are only club serious in signing him, I think he will prefer to take the next step in his career.

Home of Barca Fans