Juan Miranda

Porque

He is young but you can really see the pressure of representing the first team gets to him. A few lost duels or outdribbles and his game turns to sh$t. Can't pass, can't control and loses his focus with his defensive duties.

A long road until he is ready for a team like Barcelona- if ever.

Cucu is also poor defensively, but he is better at filtering possession.

God Serena

Seems he's been quite overrated by the club. Either that, or he's just a huge bundle of nerves. Either way, he's going to need a year or two more with the B team before we even consider promoting him, and Cucu is getting Liga experience as we speak, so...

khaled_a_d

Seems he's been quite overrated by the club. Either that, or he's just a huge bundle of nerves. Either way, he's going to need a year or two more with the B team before we even consider promoting him, and Cucu is getting Liga experience as we speak, so...

I hope we get a short term LB for this season and next one. Let Cucu enjoy Liga time another season, let Miranda stay on coarse with B team and take things slowly with them.
Non of those are "exceptional" type of talents, and for such players we need patience and we don't need force things with them.
That said, I'd always bet on Cucu making it here over Miranda, who seem like Abel Ruiz type of talent that looks only good with youth NT

Messi983

I still believe Miranda is talented and could have a future (though not likely as a starter) here but he's clearly not ready to be first-team backup LB.

khaled_a_d

^^^
Not really the "real deal" at all, he would have played a season or two as back up for Alba and would have left after that for playing time elsewhere just like Digne. though we would have probably saved few millions if we had promoted him.
He isn't a Barca starting material, and with Alba he would never have got the development needed to be one.
I actually think Cucu is same level as a prospect, will be interesting to follow their careers.

Devils

This is the reason why you can't trust La Masia these days.

Digne looks like prime Roberto Carlos compared to this guy. He is nowhere near good enough nor is he nowhere near ready for first team play. This only highlights the importance of making signings like Digne or Vidal. The gap between these guys and these so called La Masia TOP PROSPECTS is colossal.

Selling Digne and replacing him with this guy was probably the second worst sporting decision we've made this year behind bringing back Munir (another Masia flop) as a back-up striker which was just as stupid as bringing back that clown Deulofeu last year.

PhilS

[tw]1076153557584437248[/tw]

I'm guessing that EV will trust Miranda more than Vermaelen in case Alba gets injured?

We've seen three players audition for the Alba backup role so far this season. Vermaelen once, he was truly terrible. After yesterday's performance by Miranda, there is no way he is going to get another shot this season.

S. Roberto must be the only choice, unless a new player can join the team this month.

soul24rage

We've seen three players audition for the Alba backup role so far this season. Vermaelen once, he was truly terrible. After yesterday's performance by Miranda, there is no way he is going to get another shot this season.

S. Roberto must be the only choice, unless a new player can join the team this month.

I had hopes for Miranda, but sadly he's not ready for the 1st team (who knows if he will be). I agree that, for now, Bob is the best backup LB we have.

Porque

Alot of people complained here about Digne and especially his impotency attacking wise.

Then he goes to the PL and look how he plays for a mid-upper tier team.

It goes to show the level needed to succeed here and also the fan expectation here.

It also makes you realise how good a Semedo or Roberto would be in another team where the margins error are much lower and the opportunities to standout much higher.

Back to the LB, we are pretty screwed if Alba is injured or even suspended for an important game.

Miranda is nowhere near ready, while Roberto at LB means we lose our offensive width from both fullback positions.

We should of picked up Bernat in the Summer market when Digne asked to leave. Right now I think it is more of a priority to get a good LB option like Junior Firpo than get a striker in the winter market. Upfront we can go with Messi, Dembele or even Malcom.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I remember how Puyol looked horrid when he started and was a year older or so.
Of course, comparisons like these prove nothing but I do think it's too early to write him off.

God Serena

I remember how Puyol looked horrid when he started and was a year older or so.
Of course, comparisons like these prove nothing but I do think it's too early to write him off.

It most certainly is too early to write him off. In normal circumstances, how he's doing would be completely fine. Last season he was a Juvenil player. The problem is, the club put so much faith in him so soon that he's been given the role as our only backup LB when he's obviously not ready for first team football. He's shown potential in pre-season with the first team but as of now he's going to need a couple of years to live up to that. I find it hilarious how people like [MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION] can knock our "Top La Masia prospects" when talking about Miranda as if he should be on Digne's level or higher already at the age of 18.

I think he's doing just fine even despite his poor performances, and giving youngsters the club rates highly minutes wherever we can is exactly what we should be doing with our young prospects. I just wish we could have done it with the likes of Alena and Puig as well.

Devils

It most certainly is too early to write him off. In normal circumstances, how he's doing would be completely fine. Last season he was a Juvenil player. The problem is, the club put so much faith in him so soon that he's been given the role as our only backup LB when he's obviously not ready for first team football. He's shown potential in pre-season with the first team but as of now he's going to need a couple of years to live up to that.I find it hilarious how people like [MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION] can knock our "Top La Masia prospects" when talking about Miranda as if he should be on Digne's level or higher already at the age of 18.

I think he's doing just fine even despite his poor performances, and giving youngsters the club rates highly minutes wherever we can is exactly what we should be doing with our young prospects. I just wish we could have done it with the likes of Alena and Puig as well.

Hopefully he rotates with Alba more than Digne. Digne was bang average in every sense of the word and Miranda is probably already at a higher level, so I think he should be able to handle that.

I guess in the end, the difference in potential between him and Cucu was too much. I agree with [MENTION=22463]Joan Laporta[/MENTION] in that I don't like it but it's up to Valverde to make this a success and give Miranda the development he's going to miss with Pimienta. I heard rumors he did such a think at Bilbao so maybe there's hope.

200.gif

God Serena

Oh. I was wrong about his skill level, seven months ago based entirely on pre-season performances. :lol:

Doesn't change a thing, though. He's still a young prospect who has a long way to go to develop.

Maybe if you stopped troll wanking over every Dick and Jane we get linked to you'd be able to form an actual opinion that adapts to reality...

Devils

Oh. I was wrong about his skill level, seven months ago based entirely on pre-season performances. :lol:

Doesn't change a thing, though. He's still a young prospect who has a long way to go to develop.

Maybe if you stopped troll wanking over every Dick and Jane we get linked to you'd be able to form an actual opinion that adapts to reality...

Let me break down my original post so you can understand better.

-I stated the gap between the like of Miranda and Digne was COLOSSAL - This is proven to be true this season as Miranda is useless.
-I stated selling Digne and replacing him with Miranda was a terrible sporting decision- This has also proven to be true, Barca would have been much better bringing in a back-up LB. Digne who you rate as bang average was infinitely more useful than 'probably already higher level' Miranda.
-I stated bringing in Munir as a back-up striker was a mistake- This was true as he is gone now.
-I stated bringing in Deulofeu last season was a stupid idea- This was true too as he left in the winter window as well.

My opinions certainly are more reality based than yours as you previously vouched for the first team presence of the likes of Munir, Miranda and Deulofeu.

And let's be honest...you can't honestly tell other people to form opinions adapted to reality if you are evaluating skill levels of youth players based off of summer friendlies. :valverde2:

No need for personal insults on my other contributions to this forum.

Take your L and move on.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans