Juan Miranda

Andresito

Staff member
Still young I know, but I can't see any useful strengths.

Seems pretty mediocre at everything he does.

Raketa10

Still young I know, but I can't see any useful strengths.

Seems pretty mediocre at everything he does.

I agree with that. Barca fullbacks need to be able to play like wingers in attack and I honestly can't see Miranda in that role. IMHO his way of playing is more suitable for teams like Chelsea or ATM but even for that he needs to improve his defending skills.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Got tested quite a few times today, had some nice blocks, pretty solid defensively. Offensively though I think he lacks the talent to make a difference at Barca, but he is only 18 for now.

Givenchy

he was a shambles.. very very poor. left so much room for Spurs and his passing...

hes young though and it was a huge game for him, patience needed

Raketa10

He was awful. As I said already he lacks qualities that Barca full back should possess. We should definitely buy another LB in January!

Raketa10

nah he deserves more of a chance and patience, it was a big game for him to start

Look I don't have anything against this kid but he simply doesn't have any attacking skills and that's something every Barca full-back MUST posses. I am willing to bet anyone he won't make it here. What's even worse is the fact that we don't have a proper LB backup so if Alba gets injured we are fucked.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

nah he deserves more of a chance and patience, it was a big game for him to start

Missed the game, will download it and watch it tomorrow
But in general, based on what you guys said I think patience is needed indeed, but this means he should build his game in Barca B not 1st team, play this season and next there, and see afterwards if he is ready, still needs loan or just move on from him.
Meanwhile, we need to sign someone for back up LB in january

Porque

When Digne was sold we missed the boat with Bernat.

Miranda is only 18 so time is on his side, but he seems far from a first team option at the moment. Sure, he can handle the likes of Huesca to Eibar but if Alba gets injured medium term then we are going to suffer.

Not only that but the way the team is balanced we need a LB with far more offensive output as otherwise there is no width on the left side.

Last edited:

messi1995

I like some of his ideas and decisions, but he needs to excecute it better. He's very raw and I think a loan move would be nice. Maybe to Betis where he played as a child? Can develop well under Setien.

I normally trust youth players because I get angry when they are not called up, but I don't trust him to be our backup LB to be honest. I feel like he gets destroyed easily 1 vs 1, nervous with the ball and he made som poor passes. He has talent though, but I think a loan move is needed. Players that deserve more chances from the B team is Riqui, Oriol Busi and Wague. I don't think a loan move is needed for them after this season.

khaled_a_d

Other clubs aren't their waiting for our call to get our "raw youth players" on loan to develop them for us for free.
Best loans are usually called by the club getting the player not the opposite, Miranda would likely sit on the bench in Betis team
He needs at least another year (plus this one) in B team , then go on loan.
developing young players is very slow and long process, very few talents are able to have shortcuts to a 1st team like Barca, Miranda isn't one of them

Home of Barca Fans