User Tag List

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Juan Miranda

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He won't make it, sorry. He'll be lucky to end up like Montoya at a team like Brighton or something like that, making some really good money and playing in a good league for a lower placed team. That's about it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    He won't make it, sorry. He'll be lucky to end up like Montoya at a team like Brighton or something like that, making some really good money and playing in a good league for a lower placed team. That's about it.
    Well I mean, this is the safest bet.

We're nearly at 2020, and you look back on all of these hyped La Masia talents over the past 9 years in this digital social-media age, only two have gone on to reach world class level, Icardi and Thiago. And although Icardi can be classified as a former Masia player, he certainly isn't a Barca youth product by any means.

Sergi Roberto who on his day is a top level player, clearly not world-class, but can play for a top team as a utility player.

Only 3 players who came out of the academy 9 years who have shown ability to play at a top level football.

So when you see a guy like Miranda, who with all respect, looks unbelievably slow and unable to do basics such as dribble past a player or take a simple touch into space at 18 years old, while getting first-team chances, it's hard to be optimistic about him.

Personally, I think his chances with the first team are finished for this year. Fancy EV to put Lenglet or Umtiti (if he makes it back) at LB ahead of Miranda. And as much as I blame EV for a lot of things, I wouldn't blame him for that.
    Last edited by Devils; 13th January 2019 at 02:01 AM.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Just like Montoya, he lacks the most important thing for a fullback and that is quickness. At youth/lower levels Montoya looked like next Alves when things was going on slow motion but once a pro he was out of his comfort zone and struggled. To overcome this he needs to be a freak on defense or great play maker for a full back.
    I am starting to think that it will be of his best interest to switch positions and play more centrally, either CB or DM. He has good height and speed for those positions. Even then Barca isn't likely

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're at that point where most other clubs actually have much better academy players coming through. Even the English clubs have better players coming through. I've seen Miranda whenever we've got the chance to see him on the pitch, and I don't see him having anything, that's worth waiting for him to develop in other aspects for. He, like Munir, seems pretty crap, in all aspects.
    f. Signatures must not slow down the forum (no gifs, maximum size 30kb and 700 wide x 200 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text (in english/catalan/castellano)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeraj View Post
    We're at that point where most other clubs actually have much better academy players coming through. Even the English clubs have better players coming through. I've seen Miranda whenever we've got the chance to see him on the pitch, and I don't see him having anything, that's worth waiting for him to develop in other aspects for. He, like Munir, seems pretty crap, in all aspects.
    Have the same feeling about him but we have other good young players in other positions. It would help if they al stay at the club and not leaving before they can sign a pro contract.
    Més que un club, my ass!!!

#BartomeuDimissio
    #BartomeDimiteYa

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great game today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember Liverpool played Barcelona in the 2001 Uefa Cup semi-final. The British commentators were lambasting Puyol over how poor he was and that he would basically never make it. If this forum was around back then, Puyol would be getting shredded on it, while Valverde would be getting called a moron for not giving Nano or Babangida a chance.

Patience is key with Miranda, he may be a good squad option in 2 or 3 seasons with lower pressure access up the levels.