Juan Miranda

serghei

He won't make it, sorry. He'll be lucky to end up like Montoya at a team like Brighton or something like that, making some really good money and playing in a good league for a lower placed team. That's about it.

Devils

He won't make it, sorry. He'll be lucky to end up like Montoya at a team like Brighton or something like that, making some really good money and playing in a good league for a lower placed team. That's about it.

Well I mean, this is the safest bet.

We're nearly at 2020, and you look back on all of these hyped La Masia talents over the past 9 years in this digital social-media age, only two have gone on to reach world class level, Icardi and Thiago. And although Icardi can be classified as a former Masia player, he certainly isn't a Barca youth product by any means.

Sergi Roberto who on his day is a top level player, clearly not world-class, but can play for a top team as a utility player.

Only 3 players who came out of the academy 9 years who have shown ability to play at a top level football.

So when you see a guy like Miranda, who with all respect, looks unbelievably slow and unable to do basics such as dribble past a player or take a simple touch into space at 18 years old, while getting first-team chances, it's hard to be optimistic about him.

Personally, I think his chances with the first team are finished for this year. Fancy EV to put Lenglet or Umtiti (if he makes it back) at LB ahead of Miranda. And as much as I blame EV for a lot of things, I wouldn't blame him for that.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Just like Montoya, he lacks the most important thing for a fullback and that is quickness. At youth/lower levels Montoya looked like next Alves when things was going on slow motion but once a pro he was out of his comfort zone and struggled. To overcome this he needs to be a freak on defense or great play maker for a full back.
I am starting to think that it will be of his best interest to switch positions and play more centrally, either CB or DM. He has good height and speed for those positions. Even then Barca isn't likely

Neeraj

We're at that point where most other clubs actually have much better academy players coming through. Even the English clubs have better players coming through. I've seen Miranda whenever we've got the chance to see him on the pitch, and I don't see him having anything, that's worth waiting for him to develop in other aspects for. He, like Munir, seems pretty crap, in all aspects.

El Barcelona

We're at that point where most other clubs actually have much better academy players coming through. Even the English clubs have better players coming through. I've seen Miranda whenever we've got the chance to see him on the pitch, and I don't see him having anything, that's worth waiting for him to develop in other aspects for. He, like Munir, seems pretty crap, in all aspects.
Have the same feeling about him but we have other good young players in other positions. It would help if they al stay at the club and not leaving before they can sign a pro contract.

Porque

I remember Liverpool played Barcelona in the 2001 Uefa Cup semi-final. The British commentators were lambasting Puyol over how poor he was and that he would basically never make it. If this forum was around back then, Puyol would be getting shredded on it, while Valverde would be getting called a moron for not giving Nano or Babangida a chance.

Patience is key with Miranda, he may be a good squad option in 2 or 3 seasons with lower pressure access up the levels.

Porque

He has really upped his attacking output these last weeks with a string of assists. His attacking play is still pretty basic, take it down the line and assist with a great cross (something that doesn't really benefit a Giroud-less Barcelona. Yes I am starting that campaign :D ) but its great to see the numbers he is putting up.

I would prefer to see him join Betis if Setien stays. For two reasons, firstly they want him (compared to us wanting him at Ajax) and secondly the defensive trio will protect him initially defensively and allow him to improve offensively too.

navidjaan

Everyone so sure he won't make it just because he doesnt play like Alba, Marcelo or didn't play better than everyone else when the entire first team stinked vs Levante, haha. Fact is he is by far the best LB in his age in Spain and has proven to be the same in youth EUROs and World Cups. Recently even had a run with an assist per game. He's a great defender as well. Some say he doesnt have pace, well not acceleration as Alba, but when he gets going he's very fast, like Mathieu. In terms of crossing he's already miles above Alba, every cross in any position or posture Miranda makes is a dangerous one, his left foot is heavy, so there's potential for him to become a great shooter of the ball as well. To add to it all, he's a good kid who works hard. He should be loaned back to Betis, his childhood club, for a couple of years where he'll become a starter at some point, hopefully prove himself and come back to Barca with confidence and the chance to succeed Alba who'll be reaching his final days at the top. There's no suggestion that he won't become one of the best left-backs in Spain, he's not like other fullbacks these days, he's not a small technician. He can be used in both the attacking Alba-role and in a defensive Abidal-role. The club sees a great talent in him and it's obvious. With his professionalism and minutes in La Liga in the next two years I think he can become a great, solid player that any club would want to have. As of now the only weakness of his is control in tight areas where he's a bit stiff due to his size.

xXKonan

Not even training with the first team even in a true dead rubber game tomorrow.

Seems like Valverde no longer trusts him after his performances.

God Serena

Not even training with the first team even in a true dead rubber game tomorrow.

Seems like Valverde no longer trusts him after his performances.

I saw a report after Miranda's last call up that Valverde and Pimienta agreed not to bring Miranda to the first team anymore this season. It seems they both think he is a great talent but it is far too early for him. That's also why the intend to send him on loan next season.

xXKonan

I saw a report after Miranda's last call up that Valverde and Pimienta agreed not to bring Miranda to the first team anymore this season. It seems they both think he is a great talent but it is far too early for him. That's also why the intend to send him on loan next season.
Yeah I read that and right now I feel pretty bad for Miranda, he's actually having a good season with the B team but clearly struggled with the first team and was not ready. Guess it will be good for him to go out on loan to gain experience and to see how he fares.

Home of Barca Fans