Juan Miranda

xXKonan

I've seen so many mixed reviews with him during the match with a lot of people saying he was great or in the middle or just Poor.

My thoughts are he wasn't doing that bad on the defensive end but attack wise? like Semedo he was poor and seemed afraid of going forward at times in fear he would fuck up. My thoughts are he's a talented LB but a different one in terms of style compared to Alba.

He's tall for a Left Back (6'1) and he's not fast and not as Agile as Alba is and certainly not anywhere as good as Alba is at going Forward. But if the Club is actively wanting an Abidal like player who can play LB/CB then they have a potential one in Miranda. But as a pure Alba replacement? not very likely as both are just different. Cucurella is closer to being a Alba type player than Miranda is.

He's 18 and has plenty of time to improve though considering he has only half a season worth of games with the B team. But I don't think he will ever morph into a direct Alba successor due to how different both players really are.

soul24rage

[tw]1076153557584437248[/tw]

I'm guessing that EV will trust Miranda more than Vermaelen in case Alba gets injured?

BarcaVillain

Don't like to be critical of a kid but the lad can't pass, can't tackle and is positionally awful. Maybe time to grow but shouldn't be anywhere near the first team, even in the copa.

Devils

He’s been absolutely horrid every single time he’s played with the first team.

That’s all that matters in the end.

messi1995

I don't trust him. If Umtiti comes back from injury I will even play Lenglet over Miranda. Shocking today but I don't want to hate on him. I think a loan is needed or an another year in Barca B. Maybe even a loan after another year in Barca B. Jordi Alba has to stay fit.

Home of Barca Fans