Juan Miranda

FC433

Better player should always be included and that’s Miranda. Valverde undoubtedly made the right decision.

Maybe you are right we’ll see.

You are right. However, in this case we know that he is leaving 90% and we know that Miranda would not start and probably 90% will not get a minute. I would understand if Alba was not available, but that was not the case.

Same with JC. Stegen is a much better GK, but it would not hurt if we gave JC the chance to start. But I get your point.

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I Feel so bad for him &#55357;&#56468;&#55357;&#56468;&#55357;&#56468;&#55357;&#56468; <a href="https://t.co/CngK9Nas0S">pic.twitter.com/CngK9Nas0S</a></p>— I ❤️ Messi FC (@forca_fcb) <a href="https://twitter.com/forca_fcb/status/1028989786122608641?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 13, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/tw]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cillessen will prob play the entire Gamper game.

I can understand people that wanted him to play the game yesterday, but ter Stegen need match practice with the league starting soon. Besides, Cillessen knew what he was signing for when he joined.

Joan

Very bad today, but I won't criticize. Young players need time, proper coaching and trust. Not the paciest player out there so he needs to learn a lot about positioning and 1 on 1 defending.

God Serena

These minutes were good for him. I don't know what was off about his game today, as he in general was performing worse even on an individual level that didn't have anything to do with his opponents (His switch of play that he loves didn't connect a few times, for example), but these are the types of minutes players like him need if he's going to develop.

Devils

Very bad today, but I won't criticize. Young players need time, proper coaching and trust. Not the paciest player out there so he needs to learn a lot about positioning and 1 on 1 defending.

Young players need time but Miranda unfortunately doesn't get the time or leniency like Puig or Alena will as we have so many options in midfield.

Miranda has to be up for the task as he is the only LB back-up we have and if Alba is injured he is the one that has to deliver.

He was terrible today. Needs to do much, much better.

Joan

Young players need time but Miranda unfortunately doesn't get the time or leniency like Puig or Alena will as we have so many options in midfield.

Miranda has to be up for the task as he is the only LB back-up we have and if Alba is injured he is the one that has to deliver.

He was terrible today. Needs to do much, much better.

Yeah, that's undoubtedly true. But what I mean is that he's not used to playing against professional teams. Hasn't played for the B team yet but a few matches. Doesn't have insane pace which is a clear limitation so he needs to learn what he can and what he can't do.

Right now he's thrown in the water without knowing how to swim. Will improve with time imo. Enough to be a solid backup. Premature promotion can ruin a player easily, it's good he's staying with the B team.

Raketa10

What worries me is what will happen if Alba gets injured before a hugely important game in CL? There is no way Valverde would risk with Miranda. We took a great risk by not signing another LB so I really hope Miranda improves fast since club like Barca cannot rely only on one LB.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
What worries me is what will happen if Alba gets injured before a hugely important game in CL? There is no way Valverde would risk with Miranda. We took a great risk by not signing another LB so I really hope Moranda improves fast.

Don't worry, Vermaelen proved today that he can do the job if needed. Mathieu did it, now it is Verma's time :coffee:.

GroneDanone

What worries me is what will happen if Alba gets injured before a hugely important game in CL? There is no way Valverde would risk with Miranda. We took a great risk by not signing another LB so I really hope Miranda improves fast since club like Barca cannot rely only on one LB.

Sergi Roberto can play LB in such a case. We also have three left-footed CBs who could fill in in a defensive role. No point in keeping Digne and give him playing time over Cucu/Miranda just for the worst-case scenario (Alba injured for an important CL game). In such a case, we have options. In most other games, Miranda will do just fine. We could close La Masia if we did buy another LB for a position that is a) already clearly set as far as the regular starting spot is concerned and b) we had two La Masia bred options available. If Miranda (and Cucu, on loan preferably) don't show improvements next year we'll evaluate the situation again next summer. And I'm sure if Alba goes down with a serious injury we'll check our options in January.

mesiesta

Verminator will be our backup LB and in that case Semedo/Roberto will play more attacking from right side. If I'm not wrong if Miranda will not be promoted to the first team he can just play few games in La Liga this season.

GOAT_SUAREZ

Miranda isn't going to play important LaLiga or UCL matches. there is no way. it would be a combination of Roberto/Semedo/Vermaelen. Miranda will play a few Barca B matches, train with the 1st team and then play vs the bottom feeders in La Liga and Copa. Maybe 1-2 UCL matches in the group stage. If he performs well his role will increase in 2019.

God Serena

Did he play yesterday? B team conceded 3 goals so I suppose our defense wasn't good at all?

I haven't gotten around to watching it yet myself, but considering Cuenca was starting as the senior defender I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it probably wasn't Miranda's fault...

Cuenca is nightmarishly bad, man.

Home of Barca Fans