Jallo

Juan Miranda

jm.jpg

Name: Juan Miranda
Born: January 19, 2000
Position: Left Back​

Last edited:

Jallo

Looked around I couldn't find a thread for Juan Miranda. Who has looked impressive in the two starts hes got with the B team. A real good crosser of the ball and a decent defender. He is part of the exciting Generation 2000 with Jandro, Gomez, Mate and Abel Ruiz. Him and Cucu make left back the strongest position in the entire Barcelona organization.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanx!

Thought Cucu got that spot locked, didn't know about Miranda.

Guess we won't have to look far for Alba successors :)

ebieymjunior

Looked around I couldn't find a thread for Juan Miranda. Who has looked impressive in the two starts hes got with the B team. A real good crosser of the ball and a decent defender. He is part of the exciting Generation 2000 with Jandro, Gomez, Mate and Abel Ruiz. Him and Cucu make left back the strongest position in the entire Barcelona organization.

Who's Mate? (Genuine question)

tacticvarium

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Juvenil A left back Juan Miranda's renewal negotiations are also going well. Within the club, he is seen as a player who has the potential to become Jordi Alba's successor. [md]</p>— barcabstuff (@barcabstuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcabstuff/status/966959839841693696?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 23, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/tw]

xXKonan

Guessing Cucurella isn't as highly rated like Miranda is by the club by the looks of it.

Though both are excellent.

messi1995

For me Miranda is more like a defensive FB even tho he has the offensive qualities. Cucurella is more offensive if you ask me, but both are great talents ofc. For me I liked Grimaldo most but shame lucho preferred Adriano over him lmfao. If we kept him we wouldn't waste money on Digne.

xXKonan

Miguel Rico reported 3-4 weeks ago that the club were seriously considering a new LB this summer as they felt Digne wasn't doing enough to challenge Alba.

But by the looks of it they decided to hold off on that and keep Digne around. They likely took Miranda's performances into consideration and with Alba starting to get up there in age they decided to stick with Digne as a backup and keep a more closer eye on Miranda.

I would love to see Cucu and Miranda get a shot in the coming seasons.

God Serena

Miguel Rico reported 3-4 weeks ago that the club were seriously considering a new LB this summer as they felt Digne wasn't doing enough to challenge Alba.

But by the looks of it they decided to hold off on that and keep Digne around. They likely took Miranda's performances into consideration and with Alba starting to get up there in age they decided to stick with Digne as a backup and keep a more closer eye on Miranda.

I would love to see Cucu and Miranda get a shot in the coming seasons.

Well anyone could have told you Digne was never going to challenge Alba. He's about as average as it gets and the fact that we got him from PSG of all places says it all really. It is a pretty good sign if Miranda is held in such high regard but I don't think he's regarded more highly than Cucu at the moment. Cucu imo has more first team potential just because he's more offensive.

JamDav1982

Miranda just looks like he could be a CB in future.

Nothing at all to back that up on what have seen from club having those plans but just looks a CB in the making.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I like both of them. No one knows if they will ever make it but I hope both will get chances at some point. Or at least one of them if one's development is faster than the other's.

Home of Barca Fans