Juan Miranda

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Ferran Martinez is reporting we are considering recalling Miranda and send him on loan to another club in January.

:lol: clue fuckin less board! If somebody wants to first learn what NOT to do to build a decent team, these guys are textbook

khaled_a_d

I still don't get the hype around him at all. And I still believe his coaches didn't do him any favour developing him into LB, he doesn't fit there at all.
Could prove me wrong, but I think we should have sold him while he was still highly hyped.
Can't believe Abidal wanted him as our back up LB last season

MTL_Barca

Schalke wasn't a smart choice, should've loaned him to a small la liga team or a weaker league like they did with Oriol.

Not a single minute this far so if possible he should be brought back because that's just a waste of time for everyone.

xXKonan

I still don't get the hype around him at all. And I still believe his coaches didn't do him any favour developing him into LB, he doesn't fit there at all.
Could prove me wrong, but I think we should have sold him while he was still highly hyped.
I was high on him but it seems he just isn't quick enough and agile enough to be an LB long term.

He's the same height as Lenglet is, and if he has any sort of future at the top level, it's probably at CB.

khaled_a_d

I was high on him but it seems he just isn't quick enough and agile enough to be an LB long term.

He's the same height as Lenglet is, and if he has any sort of future at the top level, it's probably at CB.

I see him as CB or DM especially the later, can be sort of Fabinho type of midfielder. Will be interesting to follow his career and Oriol in that regard.
If both turned to play different positions it speaks a lot about the fundamentals of our entire academy during past 5+ years.

Porque

I think Abidal was just following the political line. Our winter market signings suggest we didn't have the budget to have anyone other than Miranda.

The LB names we have been linked with since Abidal came have all been good though (Max, Roussillon, Firpo for A and Diego Palacios, Akieme for B) which shouldn't be surprising as it was his position.

Miranda really needs a manager who believes in him. Most of his issues seem that mentality he is not ready for establishing himself abroad or in the first team of a club like Barcelona. LaLiga2 might even be the best level for him right, or even a midlevel dutch side.

Andresito

Staff member
Schalke most definitely convinced both Barca and Miranda himself by promising him game time.
To be able to do that they must've been sure that their current LB wouldn't exactly be dominating and could be rotated without much difference.

The conclusion with these things considered is that Miranda probably just isn't good enough, for now at least.
But he's on loan for 2 years at his first senior club, to me it's too early to recall him.

Sooner or later this season he'll have his chance, we'll have to see whether or not he can become a regular.

Andresito

Staff member
Made his Schalke debut after being subbed on in the 13th minute against Eintracht.

[tw]1206335637655306240[/tw]

Messi983

Anyone watched this game? Schalke have a lot of injured CBs so McKennie (who is a CM) had to start there but after he also got injured early in the game Miranda replaced him. I've thought maybe he has played as a CB but based on a heatmap he was a LB and Oczipka moved to CB. According to Schalke fans Miranda played pretty well, especially offensively. We'll see if he'll start on Wednesday against Wolfsburg.

Andresito

Staff member
Haven't read a single negative post about him from Schalke fans.

These are some inputs translated from German with Google Translate:

"Flanks" I guess is crosses?

Congratulations on the debut ... Overall, I liked it quite a bit, immediately after the substitution he played a bit too high for my sensation, but already in the second half of the first Halfway through, he was a playable asset. And he played good flanks, even if there was no one in front who could have used them.

Didn't find him so strong now. He has struggles to win duels, especially when it comes to duels in the air. I liked it aggressively. Nice running paths and good ideas with the ball. It was also good for running.
The impression also coincides with the statistical values:
Passqoute 85% mileage 10.1km (7 best Schalke / 300m less than Kenny), duel 53% of it in the air 44%
All in all I am quite satisfied with his performance, especially when you consider how his debut came about.

Even though he was thrown into the cold water, he did quite well. Defensive a little shaky, but just offensive he showed potential. Some of its flanks and walking paths were really good.

His debut in the stadium seemed pretty strong to me, actually the type of player that fits there.

Attacking quite well, especially his flanks, surprisingly strong in the run, only some deficiencies are defensive. But considering that he was thrown into the cold water, all in all it was pretty promising.

Would be a shame if he left, the boy has a lot of talent.thumbs up

From a fansite:
Thrown into the fire coming on for McKennie and having to slot right into the left wingback position. It spared him some of the physicality of Bas Dost, but you can’t hide a guy on the pitch. He was jittery throughout, giving the ball away and lacking confidence when he had time and space. It’s not an easy situation to come into and despite the nerves, you have to give him credit for a job done.

Last edited:

Riordon

What makes you think Miranda is any good considering he doesn't even get minutes at Schalke lmao ?

Well, its not like Firpo has shown anything of real quality yet. He has been very disappointing and costed 30m. And there is no signs that he can eventually can take over Alba or challenge him. He is only a backup who will get maybe 10 games a season if the LB is healthy.

Clear backup roles should be for La Masia players, spend money where it matters.

CatalinR10

Well, its not like Firpo has shown anything of real quality yet. He has been very disappointing and costed 30m. And there is no signs that he can eventually can take over Alba or challenge him. He is only a backup who will get maybe 10 games a season if the LB is healthy.

Clear backup roles should be for La Masia players, spend money where it matters.

Firpo is much better than Miranda and backup roles should be for La Masia players if they are the quality required to be backups for the first team. Miranda doesn't even get to play at freaking Schalke ,he just got his first minutes in the mid of December , him as a Barca bench player shouldn't even be talked in the same sentence.

Porque

Last season showed that Miranda is far from being a viable option in the short term- or ever. Firpo is a much better player, and just look at how he hasn't looked fantastic.

But Akieme looks like he can be a good backup option. Just watch the knives come out if he had got a chance though as his offensive game is similar to Digne's (at FCB, not Everton) when he was here.

Home of Barca Fans