Barca signs Coutinho!

serghei

We need to sell some players, and sign either Griezmann or a good CM, promote Alena and Arnaiz and that's pretty much it.

raki

How is our situation regarding FFP? With rumours saying Greizmann is joining this summer for 100€ fee? Anyone?

The neymar money come all at once. Dembele and Coutinho are multi-payment deals. No worries regarding FFP.

Only issue is wages. Masche is going. Arda needs to go. He earns a lot. Maybe sell another player in January. Deulofeu?

Lutece FC

The neymar money come all at once. Dembele and Coutinho are multi-payment deals. No worries regarding FFP.

Only issue is wages. Masche is going. Arda needs to go. He earns a lot. Maybe sell another player in January. Deulofeu?

Please go to see how does FFP work ... It's nothing related with your words ....
https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/80/54/10/1805410_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Financial Fair Play is based on IFRS norm and amortization... Total amount of the transfer divided by the number of years for the player's contract, this is why for example, Mbappe was signed for 6 years (5 + 1 - on loan.)

raki

Please go to see how does FFP work ... It's nothing related with your words ....
https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/80/54/10/1805410_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Financial Fair Play is based on IFRS norm and amortization... Total amount of the transfer divided by the number of years for the player's contract, this is why for example, Mbappe was signed for 6 years (5 + 1 - on loan.)

bullshit. FFP was folded by your corrupt trashy club. IGNORE ME.

BerkeleyBernie

Very happy to have him, but still doesn't make much sense for him to join mid-season CL cup-tied when he could continue in the CL for Liverpool and with Barça leading in La Liga with Dembele back in the team. Liverpool could likely make it into the next round beating Porto.

I guess he'll play La Liga when Iniesta is rested for CL.

FC B

I like the transfer though way too expensive imo. Such a shame he cannot play CL right from the start.

Blaugranaa

You don't know whether the fee is expensive or not. When this summer's transfer window closes I bet we will see more signings around Coutinhos fee. It's just how the market works at the moment. Just wait ;-)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It is expensive. Think Bartomeu himself said when replying on Coutinho bid on September 1st 2nd that we are not going to play along with this insane market. 4 months later and we are playing it after all.

Someone already posted that fixed fee of both Dembele and Coutinho (105+120) amount to exact what we got for Neymar so that's that imo. Don't think we will be spending this amount again this summer or even the next.

mdenci

I don't know, now that he is here, I'm having some doubts... Where will he play? Who will fall out of the first team? Will we change back to 4-3-3 and if we do, will he play as a winger or as a CM? If he plays as a winger, where will Dembele play? If he plays as a CM, which of our midfielders will be benched? Will we have the same defensive strength as so far with the necessary changes?
I hope I get positive answers to these questions :/

Vilarrubi

I don't know, now that he is here, I'm having some doubts... Where will he play? Who will fall out of the first team? Will we change back to 4-3-3 and if we do, will he play as a winger or as a CM? If he plays as a winger, where will Dembele play? If he plays as a CM, which of our midfielders will be benched? Will we have the same defensive strength as so far with the necessary changes?
I hope I get positive answers to these questions :/

Iniesta gets subbed every game now. He can give around 60 mins nowadays.. and needs to be rotated.

Like Xavi did in his last season with Rakitic he will be rotated with Iniesta giving the latter rest for the Champions league while Coutinho will play a lot in the Liga and Copa.

He can also be used on the wing.. which we will see him in when we can field a weaker midfield.

MagIX

The market is totally insane and psychopath, I do not think that it will stop here...
I do not think that in summer something will change, after the WC the prices will go up again.
Looking from this perspective, probably buying Coutinho now has been a good deal.

Home of Barca Fans