Lliga | Round 18: FC Barcelona - Levante 3-0

PhilS

Arnaiz starting would be a treat and a good reward for his excellent Copa performances. Would be great to see how he plays with Messi and Suarez, too.

Being in the squad for the Liga game vs Levante, Arnaiz looks like he has been promoted. I would think that the promotion will not be official this season, so he can get enough playing time with Barca B to keep sharp.

I saw the look on Valverde's face watching some of the young man's moves against Celta, Valverde clearly is appreciative. I think we'll see Arnaiz in all the rest of the Copa games. Valverde will also be looking for spots for him in Liga. I can't remember if he is eligible for CL.

Valverde gave a lot of players their shot in the first half. Big winners from these opportunities are Paulinho, Vermailen, and Semedo, along with Arnaiz. Others have ranged from blah to OK to pretty good, but will now sit a lot more. I see rust developing for the rest of the season on Paco, Denis, Gomes, Rafinha, the 4th CB. Of course Arda and Deulo are over.

Digne has been plenty good enough, but Alba will play the big minutes. Same story with the backup keeper.

JamDav1982

Alcacer has been a great backup this season. Hope he returns next week.

Alcacer has been strong back up since around March/April.

Scored/assisted some important goals in the league last season, scored in cup final and had some important moments this season as well.

His goal record is decent for a back up and not been bad for 30m.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Hoping to see Dembele for more than the 20 odd minutes this time. At the very least be subbed on around the 60th minute mark.

TrueCule

So glad football is back as I hate the winter break in La Liga.

Well at least you won't be bored from now on. We have Copa matches midweek and La Liga matches during the weekend. Let's hope for a nice show against Levante. A 5:0 would be perfect for the start of this new year.

raki

Well at least you won't be bored from now on. We have Copa matches midweek and La Liga matches during the weekend. Let's hope for a nice show against Levante. A 5:0 would be perfect for the start of this new year.

This terrible January calendar has effect on CL performances. Too many games.

All the top 8 teams are still in Copa.

Home of Barca Fans