FC Barcelona returned from winter break at traditionally tough ground at Celta Vigo and earned a 1-1 draw in 1st leg of Copa del Rey match despite missing most of their starters.

"Celta will come to Camp Nou to play, there is no favourite. Everything is to play for. We know their potential, we're wary of them."

"It was a hard-fought match, with a good rhythm from the off. Celta pressed high and took risks, they were dangerous on the counter-attack, but so were we."

"[In the second half], they dropped off and we advanced. In the first 20 minutes after the break we could have took the game, but we didn't take our chances. But even so, I am happy with the team's performance."

"There were changes with respect to the last league game, but a lot of those that played today have been playing and have been doing well."

"When there are changes, there's always a risk for the coach: if you lose it's because you made too many... But I am happy with the squad I have. I think it's big enough and that there are players that can help us at certain moments. The players have responded well."

On Arnaiz's role, Valverde said that the B team forward "can manage in a central position, even though he's a winger for the B team. He has confidence and scores goals."

"I wanted Ousmane to play in a position free of defensive obligations because the game was a little tenser."

"Arnaiz came off because the game was a bit long for him, perhaps because the rhythm of a top flight game was a little excessive."