Barca reserves undefeated at Balaidos

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona returned from winter break at traditionally tough ground at Celta Vigo and earned a 1-1 draw in 1st leg of Copa del Rey match despite missing most of their starters.

i

Valverde:

"Celta will come to Camp Nou to play, there is no favourite. Everything is to play for. We know their potential, we're wary of them."

"It was a hard-fought match, with a good rhythm from the off. Celta pressed high and took risks, they were dangerous on the counter-attack, but so were we."

"[In the second half], they dropped off and we advanced. In the first 20 minutes after the break we could have took the game, but we didn't take our chances. But even so, I am happy with the team's performance."

"There were changes with respect to the last league game, but a lot of those that played today have been playing and have been doing well."

"When there are changes, there's always a risk for the coach: if you lose it's because you made too many... But I am happy with the squad I have. I think it's big enough and that there are players that can help us at certain moments. The players have responded well."

On Arnaiz's role, Valverde said that the B team forward "can manage in a central position, even though he's a winger for the B team. He has confidence and scores goals."

"I wanted Ousmane to play in a position free of defensive obligations because the game was a little tenser."

"Arnaiz came off because the game was a bit long for him, perhaps because the rhythm of a top flight game was a little excessive."

Home of Barca Fans