Kepa Arrizabalaga

Chainsaw

Killahead
And Liverpool. And BTW Chelsea beat ATM in CL last season so they aren't far apart either. But, yeah Oblak staying at ATM is justified.

Atleti was hit by the transfer ban at the time so they couldn't strengthen their squad. Also they were surprisingly bad at the group stage last season. Couldn't even beat Qarabag in two matches, not even scoring one goal! If Chelsea and Atleti meet again I don't think Chelsea can beat them.

Messi983

I'm wondering who will be the next "traitor" to go from Sociedad to Bilbao. I'm sure they'll try to convince Oyarzabal, Illarra, Elustondo, maybe Zubeldia but they probably have the most chances with Jon Bautista. Bilbao need a young striker and Bautista is only 3rd choice in Sociedad. Maybe one of Javi Martinez, Ander Herrera or Fernando Llorente could also return now that Athletic is full of money. I still don't understand why they didn't do more to buy Mikel Merino. When your transfer market is as limited as their and you have a young talented player available you should do everything to get him.

For a GK position they will probably stick with Herrerin though Alex Remiro had a good season in Huesca last year and longterm I think it's better if they give him a chance.

Arizona Scott

Atleti was hit by the transfer ban at the time so they couldn't strengthen their squad. Also they were surprisingly bad at the group stage last season. Couldn't even beat Qarabag in two matches, not even scoring one goal! If Chelsea and Atleti meet again I don't think Chelsea can beat them.

Of course Chelsea could beat Atletico. Much fairer fight than Barca vs Roma, but unexpected things happen in football even on 2 legged ties.

I do expect Atletico to be better than Chelsea next year, maybe a sizable difference, but their talent is close enough overall that on a good day Chelsea can beat them.

I do think Chelsea is going to take some time to gel. I think losing CT will cost them and there is no way Kepa won't be a drop off in organization/leadership if not shot stopping and positioning drop off as well, because CT was just that good and settled there. Then you have language adjustment, cultural adjustment, not knowing the EPL players. Then you factor in new coaches, other superstar players maybe wanting moves that won't get them--it will be hard to get that train in one direction.

But on any given day Chelsea is still a dangerous animal.

xXKonan

If he does well in England he will probably challenge De Gea for Spain's #1 in no time.

He's generally more liked than De Gea by the Spanish fans from what I have noticed. Guess it has to do with him being a regular in La Liga compared to the likes of De Gea who has been in England since he was 20 years old.

Also doesn't help De Gea has been below par with the national team as well. A far cry compared to his performances at United.

Devils

7 year deal. Incredible.

This guy is going to experience so many Chelsea boom-bust cycles over the duration of that contract.

Last edited:

Catta

These GK transfer fees are becoming crazy. How much is Ter Stegens clause, Atleti offered Oblak an improved contract with a 250 mil release clause.

Jenks

He's just completely mugged Sarri off here. Refused to be subbed and forced him to back down. Sarri going mental.

Home of Barca Fans