Alexis Sanchez on a free transfer - yay or nay?

Sign Alexis on a free this summer?

• Total voters

Zincubus

Banned
I wouldn't want him back.

He was incredibly frustrating to watch during his time here. At times brilliant, other times it's like he forgot how to play football.

He'd be even worse now he's a diva .... he's been isolated by the other players ( aside from Ozil ) and when he scored the then night the other players didn't celebrate or congratulate , apparently - that's according to Thierry Henry who also said he's created a massive rift in the dressing room .

khaled_a_d

A player of Alexis' quality for FREE? Wake up people, it's a no brainer to say yes. Provided he accepts a rotating role and it's a short contract.

He won't be for free really, he will be on huge wage and signing bonus just like any free agent.
There is just too many if in such case:
1-If he accepts reasonable wage
2-If he accepts competition with Suarez
3-If we need to save money for Coutinho
4-IF Barca and Alexis are actually interested

Alik

He won't be for free really, he will be on huge wage and signing bonus just like any free agent.
There is just too many if in such case:
1-If he accepts reasonable wage
2-If he accepts competition with Suarez
3-If we need to save money for Coutinho
4-IF Barca and Alexis are actually interested

This is just for discussion purposes. Option B covers 3 of those IFs.

He can rotate with either Suarez or Dembele.

His wages and and signing bonus in the first years would be compensated by the fact that we don't pay a transfer fee. Compared to a Griezmann who would get paid wages and for whom we'd need to pay 100M transfer fee.

The biggest downside would be that as he is approaching the 30s he will start to decline, and when that happens he shouldn't be tied to Barça for many more years like Suarez.

Basically if the contract length is of 3 years, I would take the deal.

hulinat

The reason he left in the first place was because he didn't want to warm the bench. No chance of him coming back

Nucky

I wouldn't mind him as a back up. Still a great player and we need also a strong bench like Madrid usually has.

Trickykid

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who voted option three, where would you fit him in? Under no circumstances would I play him for either of Dembélé, Suarez or Messi (well, duh).

serghei

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who voted option three, where would you fit him in? Under no circumstances would I play him for either of Dembélé, Suarez or Messi (well, duh).

He can play left in a 4-2-3-1 if we don't get Coutinho. That's his best position. But as it seems Coutinho is close, we don't need Sanchez.

BarcaOG

Banned
all my memories of him in barca are frustrating: always slipping, always falling, hardly adding anything valuable. that said he improved a lot at arsenal. even then, nah. lol voted yes but on the bench tho

Home of Barca Fans