Alexis Sanchez on a free transfer - yay or nay?

Sign Alexis on a free this summer?

• Total voters

Trickykid

It looks more and more plausible that Alexis won't extend with Arsenal, meaning he'll be able to leave on a free this summer. I'm guessing he's off to City, and it's not like we've expressed any interest at all, so the poll is purely academic of course.

Trickykid

Initially was going with an OK if he accepts to warm the bench, but thinking of the wages he'd no doubt command, I'm gonna go ahead and turn him down. Sorry, Alexis.

Devils

I wouldn't want him back.

He was incredibly frustrating to watch during his time here. At times brilliant, other times it's like he forgot how to play football.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I would take him back, better Alexis for free than Di Maria for 40M.

Just yesterday he scored two great goals while Bellerin had a horror show and Arsenal almost gave up the lead.

Last edited:

defyqa

Only if he accepted a much lower wage. Which he won't, since many clubs would gladly pay his high wages.

Alik

A player of Alexis' quality for FREE? Wake up people, it's a no brainer to say yes. Provided he accepts a rotating role and it's a short contract.

Trickykid

A player of Alexis' quality for FREE? Wake up people, it's a no brainer to say yes. Provided he accepts a rotating role and it's a short contract.

I'd be very inclined to agree, but I don't think he would accept a short contract. He'd probably end up on a 4-5 year contract on top shelf wages.

JamDav1982

Barca nor Sanchez would be interested in this move.

He can get more money and a freer role at other clubs and Barca dont need another 30 year old on huge wages.

Absolute no chance it happens.

serghei

No chance it happens, but I'd be OK with it. He'd start in a 4-2-3-1, with him left, Messi center and Dembele right. If we don't sign Coutinho. Hard working player, does pressing, scores goals and he's developed his passing a lot.

Much better option than Di Maria for me, considering he'll be free and is also a better player, and almost a year younger.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If it didn't work then, no way it's work now. I liked his attitude and all but he was never a good fit for us.

Vilarrubi

Different player to what he was for us. For us he didn’t take risks and tried to keep possession too much, now he’s unbelievable.

JamDav1982

Different player to what he was for us. For us he didn’t take risks and tried to keep possession too much, now he’s unbelievable.

He is the same player really.

The only difference is at Barca he was part of a system built round Messi where had far less freedom.

At Arsenal he virtually has a free role and it suits him. Even if moves to City will be more free than he was at Barca.

Just not that same player in a system built for others.

ronniecro

i'd want him back it is unrealistic,in that case either dembele or sanchez should be benched and that just wouldn't work

Home of Barca Fans