Copa | Round of 16: FC Barcelona - Celta Vigo 6-1 agg.

KingLeo10

Is our squad really that thin though? If we play 4-4-2 we can rotate Suarez, Messi, Dembele in lesser matches. Midfield we can rotate between Suarez, Roberto, Iniesta, Rakitic, Dembele, Paulinho maybe even Gomes for smaller games. We still have Digne for Alba.
With Vermaelen fit he can rotate with Umtiti and maybe Pique. If we remain consistent in La Liga we can also end it very quickly this season.

We could rotate but I want straight up rest for players like messi, iniesta, busquets over those copa games. madrid used to rest CR7 and modric for entire games (even in liga) during the business end of last season. If the other players like paco deulo and co manage to win the copa, then it would be an added bonus. But I want the CL and liga to be our sole focus.

EDIT: Lucho was chasing a back to back treble in 15/16 and played MSN in ALL of the copa games which led to the disaster in april where the team flat out hit the wall.

Joan

If we are to sell deulofeu or/and vidal, I'd like us to see Arnaiz who might be replacing them.

Messi983

Arnaiz will get playing time in Copa next month but I think it's the best for him to stay in Barça B this season. Then he should do preseason with the first team so EV could decide if he has first team future.

Joan

He has to stay there because Barca B is not doing well and a season to prove himself is a good thing overall.
But if we are going to replace our backup wingers, it'd be great if it was a player coming from within the club.

raskolnikov

Let this team prove there worth without Messi in it.
We atleast need a favourable result from this. As always thats a draw with goals.

Messi983

He has to stay there because Barca B is not doing well and a season to prove himself is a good thing overall.
But if we are going to replace our backup wingers, it'd be great if it was a player coming from within the club.

Agree. And I think that's our plan. If we'll buy Griezmann or Coutinho then we'll have Messi, Dembele, Suarez and Cou/Griezmann for the front four with Paco, Arnaiz and possibly Denis as backups.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Arnaiz will get playing time in Copa next month but I think it's the best for him to stay in Barça B this season. Then he should do preseason with the first team so EV could decide if he has first team future.

Arnaiz won't play a minute mark my words. Best scenario: a cameo. Don't think Alena will play either.
Not looking to start Valverde topic but I just don't see it with Valverde.

FCBfan22

No way Liverpool would admit that and with their firepower they could probably beat any team in this competition over two games.

No. Because they have shown that they can conciede up to 3 goals in 10 minutes of a game. Multiple times. Every team that doesn't play exclusively defense can score against them. Yes, they had 2 7-0's this season, but that was against Maribor and Spartak, who both parked the bus and got shafted. But if they come against a team that attacks as much as them or more, they'll conciede multiple times. If we played them, Messi would get at least 3, because he would just walk through that backline. Needless to say that 50% of the shots can result in a goal, because of a goalkeeping error.

Home of Barca Fans