Copa | Round of 16: FC Barcelona - Celta Vigo 6-1 agg.

Kerrybai

I doubt they will even rest in league games. Maybe one game before the Chelsea clash they might rest but theres no way they will be benched in La Liga.

Like I already said, not so important tournament. I dont care if its Celta or 1-1, I personally wouldnt risk Messi. And you might never know, someone puts a bad challenge today and thats it.

Fair enough point, I just rate the Copa very highly. Doing a domestic double is an incredible achievment. Real have done it 4 times, Atheltic 5 times and we have done it 7 times ( 2 trebles )

The way I see it we can rest players at home against Alaves, Getafe, Girona and Leganes. Our squad is deep enough now to go for all 3. Perhaps in the Copa we can rest players for 1 leg and then play the full strength in the opposite leg.

Joan

With coutinho in the league we'll be able to rest some players, Iniesta doesn't have to play much, Coutinho for Messi etc.
Also, Rakitić needs rest, he's an animal but still, played more or less every minute

Pepe Silvia

Greatest thing, this Celta caused us problems with possession so many times in previous years and created many chances every match.

We absolutely dominated them tonight in both segments and I'd like to believe it's down to Valverde and learning from 2-2 last month.

Pressing them high and preventing their build-up was key and our boys did it masterfully. Rakitic and Busquets in particular.
that 2-2 was an epic war, even if we got robbed a dissallowed goal. such a quality match. the fact that we dominated this one shows growth by not only the squad, but valverde.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
that 2-2 was an epic war, even if we got robbed a dissallowed goal. such a quality match. the fact that we dominated this one shows growth by not only the squad, but valverde.

Man, the high pressing we did with all these slow players was amazing. That and Messi were keys.

Home of Barca Fans