Copa | Round of 16: FC Barcelona - Celta Vigo 6-1 agg.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Saturday, January 4, 19:00 CET
Copa del Rey | Round of 16

2767577.png
-
20462440.png

Apparently Messi, Suarez and Mascherano will miss this match. Last season we lost 4-3 at Balaidos but they don't look like the same team under our former assistant coach Unzue.

Forward-line could be Denis-Deulofeu-Vidal as Paco will still be injured.

serghei

Good tie. We'll practice our game in knock-out ties for the CL. We just need to make sure we'll not get blitzed by starting the match on low energy and low motivation after the days off.

Cillessen

Semedo-Pique-Verm-Digne

Iniesta-Roberto-Busquets-Paulinho

Deulofeu-Denis

Subs: Dembele for Deulofeu in the 60th minute, Rafinha for Iniesta in the 50th minute, Gomes for Busquets in the 70th minute.

This seems like quite a reasonable lineup and something that Valverde would play.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't understand some calls to throw away the tie. As you said, these elimination games are great for Valverde to practice, for our players that don't play a lot (Jasper, Denis, Vidal, Digne, Semedo, Rafinha...).
Copa is relevant as it is and we are getting away with La Liga so this is great competition to be in.

serghei

Don't understand some calls to throw away the tie. As you said, these elimination games are great for Valverde to practice, for our players that don't play a lot (Jasper, Denis, Vidal, Digne, Semedo, Rafinha...).
Copa is relevant as it is and we are getting away with La Liga so this is great competition to be in.

For sure. Copa counts too. Final stages are always hard fought and fans are always passionate about it.

PhilS

Because away at Celta is so tough for Barca, I think both Messi and Suarez will play part of this game. I'd bet on Celta for this first leg, but for Barca to win the tie.

KingLeo10

Don't want us to drop the ball on Copa. Let us slowly head for the treble.

treble is very cool, but we have a thin squad and arguably the best barca team (2011) won the european double. Those 6 copa games in jan and feb take a toll and I'd like for us to play our luck this time around rather than go all in on it like the 2nd and 3rd lucho seasons.

Vilarrubi

treble is very cool, but we have a thin squad and arguably the best barca team (2011) won the european double. Those 6 copa games in jan and feb take a toll and I'd like for us to play our luck this time around rather than go all in on it like the 2nd and 3rd lucho seasons.

+1

If the Coutinho rumours are true and we got him in January we got use him for Liga and Copa and save Iniesta for CL. Can’t see it happening though..

FinBarcelonafan

+1

If the Coutinho rumours are true and we got him in January we got use him for Liga and Copa and save Iniesta for CL. Can’t see it happening though..

It's delusional to think Liverpool will sell him in January window. Liverpool has a chance to go all the way in CL, they are not going to sell him now.

Horatio

You're welcome

Is our squad really that thin though? If we play 4-4-2 we can rotate Suarez, Messi, Dembele in lesser matches. Midfield we can rotate between Suarez, Roberto, Iniesta, Rakitic, Dembele, Paulinho maybe even Gomes for smaller games. We still have Digne for Alba.
With Vermaelen fit he can rotate with Umtiti and maybe Pique. If we remain consistent in La Liga we can also end it very quickly this season.

Home of Barca Fans