User Tag List

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Copa | Round of 16: FC Barcelona - Celta Vigo 6-1 agg.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    Is our squad really that thin though? If we play 4-4-2 we can rotate Suarez, Messi, Dembele in lesser matches. Midfield we can rotate between Suarez, Roberto, Iniesta, Rakitic, Dembele, Paulinho maybe even Gomes for smaller games. We still have Digne for Alba.
    With Vermaelen fit he can rotate with Umtiti and maybe Pique. If we remain consistent in La Liga we can also end it very quickly this season.
    We could rotate but I want straight up rest for players like messi, iniesta, busquets over those copa games. madrid used to rest CR7 and modric for entire games (even in liga) during the business end of last season. If the other players like paco deulo and co manage to win the copa, then it would be an added bonus. But I want the CL and liga to be our sole focus.

EDIT: Lucho was chasing a back to back treble in 15/16 and played MSN in ALL of the copa games which led to the disaster in april where the team flat out hit the wall.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    It's delusional to think Liverpool will sell him in January window. Liverpool has a chance to go all the way in CL, they are not going to sell him now.
    I don’t think they will, doesn’t make sense. Just commenting on the rumours.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we are to sell deulofeu or/and vidal, I'd like us to see Arnaiz who might be replacing them.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arnaiz will get playing time in Copa next month but I think it's the best for him to stay in Barça B this season. Then he should do preseason with the first team so EV could decide if he has first team future.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has to stay there because Barca B is not doing well and a season to prove himself is a good thing overall.
    But if we are going to replace our backup wingers, it'd be great if it was a player coming from within the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let this team prove there worth without Messi in it.
    We atleast need a favourable result from this. As always thats a draw with goals.
    6RACIES XAVI

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    He has to stay there because Barca B is not doing well and a season to prove himself is a good thing overall.
    But if we are going to replace our backup wingers, it'd be great if it was a player coming from within the club.
    Agree. And I think that's our plan. If we'll buy Griezmann or Coutinho then we'll have Messi, Dembele, Suarez and Cou/Griezmann for the front four with Paco, Arnaiz and possibly Denis as backups.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Arnaiz will get playing time in Copa next month but I think it's the best for him to stay in Barça B this season. Then he should do preseason with the first team so EV could decide if he has first team future.
    Arnaiz won't play a minute mark my words. Best scenario: a cameo. Don't think Alena will play either.
    Not looking to start Valverde topic but I just don't see it with Valverde.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBfan22 View Post
    With Mignolet and Karius in goal?

Nice joke.
    No way Liverpool would admit that and with their firepower they could probably beat any team in this competition over two games.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    No way Liverpool would admit that and with their firepower they could probably beat any team in this competition over two games.
    No. Because they have shown that they can conciede up to 3 goals in 10 minutes of a game. Multiple times. Every team that doesn't play exclusively defense can score against them. Yes, they had 2 7-0's this season, but that was against Maribor and Spartak, who both parked the bus and got shafted. But if they come against a team that attacks as much as them or more, they'll conciede multiple times. If we played them, Messi would get at least 3, because he would just walk through that backline. Needless to say that 50% of the shots can result in a goal, because of a goalkeeping error.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance Dembele starting?

Banned

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppe View Post
    Any chance Dembele starting?
    Zero, at best a 25 minute cameo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ousmane Dembélé View Post
    Zero, at best a 25 minute cameo.
    why exactly

Banned

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppe View Post
    why exactly
    Well, he's been out for almost 4 months, you don't throw him straight into the starting XI, you ease him into the team to avoid any sort of reoccurring problems.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ousmane Dembélé View Post
    Well, he's been out for almost 4 months, you don't throw him straight into the starting XI, you ease him into the team to avoid any sort of reoccurring problems.
    Didn't you say he's the ultimate male specimen?