• 2011-2014: Messidepencia/Leo the lethal scorer

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • 2014-2016: MSN/Lucho years

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 2016-2018(ongoing): Messidepencia 2.0/Leo the creator

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

bismp

Why a period you may ask?Well,ranking the seasons has been done to death already :p

Plus,it is fairly easy to divide Leo's career in parts,like:

2005-2008: The early years

Not much to say here :p

2008-2011: The (prime) Pep years

Leo begins building his case for the GOAT,while playing in one of the greatest teams of all time.2 CLs,3 La Ligas,2 Ballon D'ors,1 Golden Boot

2011-2014: The Messidepencia/lethal goalscorer years

Leo scores like crazy during this time period and starts carrying the squad during Pep's last season and onwards.92 goals in a calendar year,78 in a season(iirc),1 La Liga,2 Ballon D'ors,2 Golden Boots.

2014-2016: MSN/(prime)Lucho years

After a relatively bad season for his standards and the arrival of Luis Suarez and Neymar,Leo leads a new squad to further glory.1 CL,2 La Ligas,1 Ballon D'or.

2016-2018: Messidepencia 2.0/Leo the creator years (ongoing)

Barca has always been dependent of Leo to both score and create,but this has been especially prevalent the last two years,during which Messi has been carrying relatively subpar squads. 1 Golden Boot (so far ;) )

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
2011-2014.

While the team didn't win as much (1 La Liga in those 3 years), Messi looked out of this world.

Alik

2014 was his worst year.

I'd call that "vomiting Messi who went to too many of Tata Martino's asados".

Andresito

Staff member
Don't know about the best era, but his best period imo was winter/spring 2015 during the treble season.

tumblr_nlfjwbQ6Ke1sj9fm3o4_250.gif

Mitchell1978

Don't agree with how you divised his years, would do it differently.
Imo he was at his absolute best from 2010 till 2013 and then again the first 6 months of 2015, 2016 as a whole was also very good.

Yannik

Don't know how to answer that, Imo he was always absolutely fantastic aside from the few times he suffered occasional health issues. The greatest differences were always the teams and tatics he was surrounded with and the role he had to fulfill to adapt to that. If I had to choose though then 91 goals a year Messi certainly looks like my the pick I'd take.

Asylum15

2011-2012.

The period where he had those yellow boots, he was disgustingly good.

I remember him just murdering Atleti at home.

dakt

I don't know...I love bits of old and new Leo. 2011 was the year of best football in history and Leo was part of it, he was unstoppable, fast, crazy skills. Every Barca's match was a football festival with him as a main star.
These days he's slower, less raw, but more intelligent with his play making. So, yeah, I guess I would say 2011, that pace, change of direction and close feet ball control is unmatched. Also that determination he had when going forward. When his mind was set, he was unstoppable. There's not trickery that the likes of Neymar can do to outshine the simplicity and lethalness of Messi.

a16b1f35d3f5cf275f1552039f26d369-getty-fbl-esp-copa-barcelona-athletic_bilbao.jpg

Great kit. I miss those red pants.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans