Valverde: "Today was our turn"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca manager Ernesto Valverde remained calm at the end of Saturday's Clasico, despite Barcelona's 3-0 win leaving Real Madrid's title hopes in ruin.

valverde-dirigio-equipo-con-seriedad-banquillo-del-bernabeu-1514040130820.jpg

The Basque coach maintained his cautious approach, saying that the result "is a lesson for everyone, in preseason they played really well and were better. Today, it was our turn. Football changes a lot."

Valverde was coherent in his analysis before the said that "I don't think we have one hand on La Liga, I don't know, we’re not even half way through the season yet. There’s still a long way to go. We’re at the top and we have a good lead, but that doesn’t mean anything because nothing is decided in December."

His explanation for the first half problems was that "[Madrid] pressed us high at start and reinforced in the centre of park, where it was practically man to man. We could not play as we are used to, we had to get past their first line of pressure, and from there play. In the second half we were able to get past their first line of pressure. It was more difficult in the first half."

Despite the win, Valverde said he never felt the game was won until full time, even after Dani Carvajal was sent off: "At 2-0 we didn’t think the game was won, we never wrote Madrid off. We didn’t stop going forward, while Madrid created more chances with 10 men than with 11."

Horatio

You're welcome
Post is missing the random obligatory play on words so here is my contribution:

Ernesto 'Volverde'

Altomonte

Are we ready to accept that he is a good manager? Can we accept that he likes Rakitic who played really well last week and today? That he has turned around Pique's lack of focus and concentration, and greatly improved our defense?

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
We do not have the best team in the world but we have the best goalkeeper in the world right now, the best holding midfielder in the world (Busi has always been that anyway) and the best offense player in the world. And Valverde has managed to build a team that is solid (that is an understatement) in defense and freaking efficient in front of goal.
That equals success.

serghei

We do not have the best team in the world but we have the best goalkeeper in the world right now, the best holding midfielder in the world (Busi has always been that anyway) and the best offense player in the world. And Valverde has managed to build a team that is solid (that is an understatement) in defense and freaking efficient in front of goal.
That equals success.

I'd say we also have the best LB in the world at the moment, and the best striker in the world if Suarez continues this good period and improves even more. And Umtiti is probably the best CB in the world at the minute too.

I'd say we're one of the best 3-4 teams in the world easily, and Valverde has us playing like one albeit stepping outside of our style a bit.

Last edited:

raki

Are we ready to accept that he is a good manager? Can we accept that he likes Rakitic who played really well last week and today? That he has turned around Pique's lack of focus and concentration, and greatly improved our defense?

Some fans are not ready to recognise their wrong analysis and keep making the same bashing posts.

Alik

He turned around Pique's lack of focus?

beogatts

its hard to stay constantly world class level in every season. it takes team's chemistry n motivation. EV is doing his best to get the team work together.
since EV took over, i always want to see how he is going to manage this squad. imho hes done it great so far even thou barca looks abit different now. but dont we all want to win trophies? thts wat hes aiming for.

Horatio

You're welcome
Contrary to people saying Barca looks boring, Valverde makes you wonder what he cooked up every game.

Home of Barca Fans